Lacrosse?

I know we have a club team, does the University have any plans to make it a sanctioned team? UMass, St. Joseph each have one.

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
if we did so, we would probably need to add men's AND women's, to keep Title IX in balance

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
Insider
agreed
I would also like to see us add Softball
I wholeheartedly second that. I would love to see us play Div I softball. This area is a hotbed for the sport. There are many levels of play with traveling teams beginning at fairly young ages. By the time these young women reach the high school level they are well versed in the basics and nuances of the game. In other words we would have some fine local talent to entice to a program at VCU.

FYI The Club team went to a George Mason Tournament in the late 80's and totally wooped the competition (Human Cigars everywhere) and there is a trophy from it somewhere! :D

Mens lacrosse has a lot more scholarships than womans softball, at least I am pretty sure. Mens Lacrosse has a lot of players. I would love for them to get a D1 team though, I would try out.

Mens lacrosse has a lot more scholarships than womans softball, at least I am pretty sure. Mens Lacrosse has a lot of players. I would love for them to get a D1 team though, I would try out.
I would so cross check you. :lol:

BigE

Elite Member
MLAX = 40 players
SBall = 20 players
WLAX = 20 players
WGolf = 6 players

Last edited: