Lady Rams

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
That first half buzzer beater was crazy! When I was in grad school I watched Lady Blue Raiders games and man they could play! The highlights were nice AA, and Iwant to try to watch more women's basketball in the near future!
First... on that half court buzzer beater..... that was insane.... wasn't expecting to get the steal off the inbound and then when Thorpe got the ball... it looked like the Bonnies had her stopped dead in her tracks.... and out of nowhere... she steps back, spins around & drains that 3. All the VCU fans went nuts... and yeah there were a decent number of fans.

As for watching more WBB.... You will not be disappointed.... (unless you watch a UConn game that is against anyone other than ND or Stanford.... in which case it'll be a blow out).... Sure you might be disappointed over one game here & there..... but even the most diehard fan gets disappointed over a MBB game once in a while..... I like what Coach O'Boyle has done here these 2 years so far... sure we struggled last year... but it's been a complete 360 this year.....

Not sure where you live in regards to the STU.... but next year, if you're ever around the STU for a WBB game.... lemme know you'll be there & I can get you in free with one of my all sports passes I get from the RAF donations.

And just ask @GRID & some of the others who I've told about the WBB games.... even they enjoy them & go when they can.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Here is the Bracketology for WBB.... A-10 is only projected 2 teams..... GW & Duquesne.....
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Bonnies were First Four Out.... Lost today....
SLU is among the Next 4 out.... faces Duquesne tomorrow in the Semis.

And non conference.... right now the only team projected to make the tourney from our OOC is Arizona State who is currently a 2 seed, playing UNI in Tempe, ARZ.

Reactions: GRID

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Please show your support today for our Lady RAMS! Game time is 11 am. Go RAMS!
I will be there!.... I work a block and a half away from the Coliseum..... and I already told my boss.... I'm leaving at 10 so I can go to the game..... They understood.... it's slow on Saturdays anyway... so no better day to do it.

GRID

Insider
Mar 18, 2013
As for watching more WBB.... You will not be disappointed.... (unless you watch a UConn game that is against anyone other than ND or Stanford.... in which case it'll be a blow out).... Sure you might be disappointed over one game here & there..... but even the most diehard fan gets disappointed over a MBB game once in a while..... I like what Coach O'Boyle has done here these 2 years so far... sure we struggled last year... but it's been a complete 360 this year.....

Not sure where you live in regards to the STU.... but next year, if you're ever around the STU for a WBB game.... lemme know you'll be there & I can get you in free with one of my all sports passes I get from the RAF donations.

And just ask @GRID & some of the others who I've told about the WBB games.... even they enjoy them & go when they can.
...and it's only gonna get better. We are going to attract higher caliber recruits, raise our national profile and be a desired location as we continue to win, as the word about our facilities continues to get out, and as people find out about our gameday environment for Women's ball. My family loves coming because of the Peppas, cheer squad, Gold Rush, t-shirts for every 3 pointer, etc. VCU invests all these resources into the Women' s game...and I get to sit court side. lol.

Yeah, it's great and a season pass is only $35. But, like @RowdyPkunk just hit either of us up if you ever want to come. We both have All Sports passes and can get you in. On the Women's side, it's more important that people come out to support them, than it is that VCU makes money. So, hit us up and check them out next season.