Larry is not happy

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
The season is young, and Larry is young. Its way too early for these type grumblings. Yes, the coach may be a sleaze but he is still the coach. The season is young, and Larry is young as well. It is way too early for these type grumblings. Sleaze or not the coach does have the authority to manage his team as he see's fit.

RamRacing

Top Member
Jan 14, 2013
Bucks’ Larry Sanders not thrilled with reduced role under coach Drew
Kurt Helin
Nov 4, 2013, 1:09 PM EST
9 Comments
350x-10.jpg
Getty Images
This summer the Milwaukee Bucks opened up their checkbooks to make Larry Sanders a franchise cornerstone — a four-year, $44 million contract extension. He’s a budding young defensive big man, a guy who can protect the rim or guard in space on the pick-and-roll.
But he’s finding it hard to do that from the bench this season.
New Bucks coach Larry Drew is playing Sanders about 17 minutes a night so far and Zaza Pachulia about 26. Drew and Pachulia go back to Atlanta and so he knows the offense and is more fluid than Sanders, who is struggling some in the new system. Sill, you know this minute distribution is not what the Bucks front office had in mind.
Sanders is none to thrilled about the demotion either, particularly that he is on the bench with the game on the line at the end, he told Steve Aschburner of NBA.com.
“I feel like I’m capable of being in the game at the end and helping my team win, coming up with blocks and rebounds,” Sanders told NBA.com before exiting the locker room swiftly. “I haven’t been able to get my rhythm out there. I understand foul trouble situations, but tonight I wasn’t in foul trouble.
“Last year I finished so many games. I feel like that’s when I lock in the most. But I haven’t been able to get in the game to finish. That carries over to the next game. When you sit the last three quarters of each game, I can’t have no carryover. And it’s hard for me. I’m still a young player. It’s only my eighth year playing basketball.”
Drew is clearly going for “win now” over “build for the future.” As noted by our own D.J. Foster this morning in the Extra Pass, Drew also is playing Gary Neal more minutes (27) than Ersan Ilyasova (22), and Krhis Middleton is very close in run to John Henson.
If you’re the Bucks and the picture is really the long term, aren’t you playing the youngsters and letting them learn on the fly, even if it costs you a little now? Honestly, what is the point to heavy Pachulia minutes? “Maybe we can be the 7 or 8 seed and get smoked in the first round if we play these veterans more.” Is that really the smart long-term strategy?
It’s just a week, we’ll see how things shake out, but things could get interesting in Milwaukee.

Sanders needs to grow up

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...fter-reportedly-being-involved-in-a-bar-fight

Apr 19, 2009
I am blaming the new agency that is "handling" Larry...well along with blaming Larry himself. He is screwing around and will end up with nothing if he continues to associate with that agency. Hope the other agency wins their lawsuit.

Reactions: RamFan82

umwram

Top Member
Dec 29, 2011
Shoot, the only difference now between me and Larry is I don't get to go home and dab at my wounds with hunnids.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
As long as he doesn't get traded and plays on Dec 6 against the Wizards since hundreds of us have bought tickets. I agree, move off our basketball page.

Dec 11, 2011
Not sure he was ever given the chance to do as much. Larry needs people who REALLY have his back. The shady agent bullpoop and all the people who come out of the woodwork when you ink a $44 million deal surely aren't helping, but this a guy who had very little (if any) sort of real childhood or modelling, and has improbably landed in a situation that many perfectly well adjusted and privileged people would find head-spinning.

Last edited:
Reactions: RamFan82 and umwram

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Poor guy. Bar fight, no one hurt. Good no big deal. He's a young guy these things happen. But come on Ldog stop the cup throwing man.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
Not to jump the gun, but if the reports are true ( breaking champagne bottles over people's heads and throwing punches) then not only will he be suspended but he will be arrested. ALSO, it will violate conditions of his contract and plays into the hands if the new coach doesn't want him.

Reactions: Newgate Prison

RamBo

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Um. And is it true that he just had a kid? Um. Then why is he having bar-fights? In bars? Man. Unbelievable. I hope this all turns out to be nothing. But the Dude has got to grow up. This is ridiculous, if it is true. I was following it on twitter a little while ago. I'm sure the details will begin to emerge.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
UPDATE 7:20 p.m. ET: TMJ4 in Milwaukee reports on more details of the alleged fight:

Milwaukee Police want to talk to him too. Police say theyre looking into a huge fight from last Saturday night at Apartment 720 on Milwaukee Street, downtown. The I-Teams police sources say Sanders started that fight while in the VIP room. A fight where Sanders allegedly threw punches and broke champagne bottles over the heads of people while security tried to break up the fight.