Players Levi got his waiver

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
freakin finally! I was about to be so pissed off if we somehow didn't secure one while the NCAA was handing them out like mini Snickers on Halloween

Last edited:
Reactions: Natty
Jan 16, 2020
Levi Strauss & Co. may become a major sponsor .... Levi's Levis may take off as a best seller in VCU bookstore.

Major Ram 2.0

Top Member
Aug 13, 2018
Gives us some experienced inside depth to help Corey and Hassan. I think our 5 avg about 8 fouls per 40. Let’s improve that and we’ll be good inside

Reactions: SZQ VCU

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
Couple quick stats in regards to Levi that are very much on my radar that give me concern and that I hope he somehow breaks what has been a 3-year career pattern for him...

PER
Career-high was 8.6 as a soph
Last year was 8.4 as a junior playing more minutes

Both of those numbers are very low. Last season's 8.4 was last on K State's team. We had just one player post a lower number than that last season, Crowfield's 8.1. Our centers were 25.2 (MSS), 23.1 (Hason) and 17.7 (Corey). A sub-9 PER is just extremely low any way you slice it, particularly for a big because bigs can usually inflate that number with typically low turnover rates and high percentage scoring (Levi's turnover rate is what kills him the most).

Box +/-
-3.4 offensive +/-
-0.9 overall +/-

That overall number was second worst on the team outside of the walk-ons and that offensive +/- was the worst on K State's team. I get that they play in a tough conference, but still. On paper, we statistically added the least efficient player from the last place Big 12 team.

Just something to put on the radar. Definitely worries me a bit in terms of what we do with the rotations.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Couple quick stats in regards to Levi that are very much on my radar that give me concern and that I hope he somehow breaks what has been a 3-year career pattern for him...

PER
Career-high was 8.6 as a soph
Last year was 8.4 as a junior playing more minutes

Both of those numbers are very low. Last season's 8.4 was last on K State's team. We had just one player post a lower number than that last season, Crowfield's 8.1. Our centers were 25.2 (MSS), 23.1 (Hason) and 17.7 (Corey). A sub-9 PER is just extremely low any way you slice it, particularly for a big because bigs can usually inflate that number with typically low turnover rates and high percentage scoring (Levi's turnover rate is what kills him the most).

Box +/-
-3.4 offensive +/-
-0.9 overall +/-

That overall number was second worst on the team outside of the walk-ons and that offensive +/- was the worst on K State's team. I get that they play in a tough conference, but still. On paper, we statistically added the least efficient player from the last place Big 12 team.

Just something to put on the radar. Definitely worries me a bit in terms of what we do with the rotations.
I hear you. We shall see, but this seems like a wheels within wheels move to me. I wonder what relationships this helps cultivate/solidify.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM