Loaded Battle 4 Atlantis field announced

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010

That's six teams in this year's NCAAs, including three Sweet 16 teams (Baylor, Loyola, Syracuse). Call me crazy, but this might help the Rams' NET next season. Just a smidgen bit.
That could be the most loaded field for an early season tournament in which VCU has taken part. Off the top of my head, I can't recall another better than this one.

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
That could be the most loaded field for an early season tournament in which VCU has taken part. Off the top of my head, I can't recall another better than this one.
VCU's first B4A in 2012 is up there:
* Four teams were ranked in the top 20 at tournament time.
* Louisville won the (vacated) national title
* Duke reached the Elite Eight, losing to Louisville (which it beat in the B4A final)
* VCU, Minnesota and Memphis got to the round of 32, and Missouri lost in the round of 64

It's definitely in the running, presuming everyone is at least as good as they are this year.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
In the 2015 2k classic we played Wisconsin and Duke, the winner and runner-up from the previous tournament and sweet 16 teams the following year.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
We have already made our reservations. They are refundable up until about a week before the dates. We got tickets that allow us to go to every game.

Something I noted for travel in general- Prices are up. They are at Atlantis for sure. Plus- we cancelled a three week road trip to the Rocky Mountains last fall because of COVID. We rescheduled that trip in the past month. The same three calendar weeks, taking the same routes and staying in the same places. Generally, hotels are $50-100 higher per night. I guess they got to make up for lost time and lost money.

Ramball

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
We have already made our reservations. They are refundable up until about a week before the dates. We got tickets that allow us to go to every game.

Something I noted for travel in general- Prices are up. They are at Atlantis for sure. Plus- we cancelled a three week road trip to the Rocky Mountains last fall because of COVID. We rescheduled that trip in the past month. The same three calendar weeks, taking the same routes and staying in the same places. Generally, hotels are $50-100 higher per night. I guess they got to make up for lost time and lost money.

Have to imagine with most vaccinated by then it will be hot ticket for sure.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010

Travel and Hospitality are through roof due to pent up demand—advanced bookings are insane this year. Almost as hot as the real estate market.

• Sad
Reactions: hyeahvcu
Dec 7, 2009

Ugh, was planning to go this year but only if the price is right.

Apr 21, 2009
Loyola Chicago is going to lose something like 6 of 8 players who averaged more than 10 mins a game including their star center next year. Maybe they have some stud freshman and sophomores waiting in the wings to fill the gaps but they likely will not be anywhere near as good next year.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
Loyola Chicago is going to lose something like 6 of 8 players who averaged more than 10 mins a game including their star center next year. Maybe they have some stud freshman and sophomores waiting in the wings to fill the gaps but they likely will not be anywhere near as good next year.

Probably won't really matter too much, it will still be marketed as having 6 of 8 teams that made the NCAA's the previous year and will likely be the only tournament able to make such a claim. It will justifiably be hyped up like crazy just for that.

Jan 16, 2020
VCU needs more similar challenges in November and December .... the strength of non-conference schedule is what sets Gonzaga apart from VCU.

Reactions: Newboy