Login System Update

MattRock

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
Folks,

Just a heads up that we are going to be upgrading the login system shortly. Moving forward, when you click the login button, you will be redirected to this login page:

This is going to allow us to link your Forum account to our main website so that we can bring forum features over there as well. When you do log in, you may have to reset your password. This process should be fairly standard with a password reset link going to your email.

If you encounter any issues, feel free to send me an email at mmorton @ vcuramnation.com.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

ShoeSh1ne

Insider
Mar 7, 2009
Seems to be an issue for me accessing Insider content. Saying I don't have permission.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
This is the only site I whitelist. On occasion, I’ll temporarily whitelist someone else if I have to to read an article but it makes me think about it again.

I really don’t mind unobtrusive ads but there's almost no such thing any more. fark pop ups,pup unders, auto play, social link buttons that harvest everything for google/facebook/everyone else, scrolling ads, delayed ads that appear right where the link is that you want to click??
If I was really serious I’d set up a pihole but I’m not that mad yet:)

If pihole above isn’t underlined it’s a hotlink to a google search on what it is.

Reactions: MattRock

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
But one of the perks of the insider subscription was no ads, but I’m seeing a ton. My insider just renewed so it may be related. @MattRock
So are ads supposed to be eliminated or not? Never saw a response. I see large ones at top and bottom of each page. Understand if needed to augment funding of web site.

Carsonitevcu

Insider
Jun 29, 2016
Ads disappeared for me after becoming an insider. Roster does need updating, but site is looking clean to me!