Malik Crowfield DESERVES his own thread

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
Malik is potentially about to shoulder a lot more responsibility and from most here it'll go unnoticed. I don't think most of us realize how quietly dedicated he has been. He's stuck around and shown a lot of character and while he was supposed to be a shooter, he's our best back-up PG(Byrd will be there, but in comparison not yet there) and that's not his role. I have nothing but respect and adoration for Malik and think as a community he should be recognized more than he historically has been on here.

RamFanatic

Top Member
Feb 6, 2012
Malik is potentially about to shoulder a lot more responsibility and from most here it'll go unnoticed. I don't think most of us realize how quietly dedicated he has been. He's stuck around and shown a lot of character and while he was supposed to be a shooter, he's our best back-up PG(Byrd will be there, but in comparison not yet there) and that's not his role. I have nothing but respect and adoration for Malik and think as a community he should be recognized more than he historically has been on here.
I would love nothing more than for Malik to get hot from behind the arc Friday night and steal the show.

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
This deserves a bump for a number of reasons. Malik has been/will be a very long time favorite of mine. During the adversity from the coaching change, he not only continued to work on his game, but stepped up and did what the team needed him to do. Whether it being his smooth stroke or him sacrificing his own stats/potential glory to take on the role of a steady, smart, and consistent point guard. He's continue to bleed black and gold through the adversity and I'm so thankful for 13.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
100% on 3 beautiful threes vs odious U. We need Crow to get at least 7 shots off a game, or we are underutilizing an incredible offensive weapon. If Crow has space he must let it fly, and our guys need to crash the boards just in case he misses.
I care more about the shots he makes versus the number of shots he takes. But yes, that is the Crowfield we need to show up for the rest of the season.

Reactions: senor ram

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Dear Malik,
Please take at least 5 shots per game.
Sincerely,
Newboy
The problem is.... Malik is one of those spot up shooters.... and realistically VCU needs to run plays to set him knock down 3's. Not that he can't create his own, or hit 3's while on the move.... but he's much more effective if you can get him open on a certain spot & give him the ball to catch & shoot.

Also, for him to actually be able to take shots... that means some of our regular shooters (ME, DJ, IV... etc.) are going to have to take less shots sometimes.

And as I mentioned on the other thread.... none of our guards have that old school mentality of.... lets dribble in, collapse the defense and kick it out to a wide open (insert player here) for a 3. If DJ, IV, Simms, & ME could do that, collapse the defense & kick it out to a wide open Crowfield…. he could knock them down all day.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
The problem is.... Malik is one of those spot up shooters.... and realistically VCU needs to run plays to set him knock down 3's. Not that he can't create his own, or hit 3's while on the move.... but he's much more effective if you can get him open on a certain spot & give him the ball to catch & shoot.

Also, for him to actually be able to take shots... that means some of our regular shooters (ME, DJ, IV... etc.) are going to have to take less shots sometimes.

And as I mentioned on the other thread.... none of our guards have that old school mentality of.... lets dribble in, collapse the defense and kick it out to a wide open (insert player here) for a 3. If DJ, IV, Simms, & ME could do that, collapse the defense & kick it out to a wide open Crowfield…. he could knock them down all day.
You might want to watch a UR game to see how they get the ball to shooters. The point guard has to attack drawing defenders then as Coach Rhoades always says, the ball needs to be "hot". Right now, the ball is not hot and there is too much dribbling and iso.

Mar 2, 2014
You might want to watch a UR game to see how they get the ball to shooters. The point guard has to attack drawing defenders then as Coach Rhoades always says, the ball needs to be "hot". Right now, the ball is not hot and there is too much dribbling and iso.
Sometimes is is liking watching the Bulls with Jordan without the same results. One guy dribbles, everyone else watches.