Malik Crowfield DESERVES his own thread

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah I commented in Florida that the Ball wasnt "hot". And we almost won but Crow is a beast and he's part of the army and not a starter.

Ramnasty

Insider
Nov 11, 2012
Malik is easily a "starter". Legit 3pt shooter and great defender. But he's used as the glue guy and senior leader for the second unit. I like him keeping the heat on the other team when we spell our first line.

vcubob

Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Malik is easily a "starter". Legit 3pt shooter and great defender. But he's used as the glue guy and senior leader for the second unit. I like him keeping the heat on the other team when we spell our first line.
Need to find a better team for the 5 that come off the bench. "Relievers?" Anyway I hope they get more time. They have are a few more defensive lapses but overall I think the ball stays hotter with the Relievers.

I also hope in late game situations. {<3 seconds left} Ward gets a chance to defend the inbounder.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Need to find a better team for the 5 that come off the bench. "Relievers?" Anyway I hope they get more time. They have are a few more defensive lapses but overall I think the ball stays hotter with the Relievers.

I also hope in late game situations. {<3 seconds left} Ward gets a chance to defend the inbounder.
I agree. Other than Malik, Mike'L and DeRiante it's time for the starting seniors to step up.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
And as I mentioned on the other thread.... none of our guards have that old school mentality of.... lets dribble in, collapse the defense and kick it out to a wide open (insert player here) for a 3. If DJ, IV, Simms, & ME could do that, collapse the defense & kick it out to a wide open Crowfield…. he could knock them down all day.
Part of the issue in some of our recent games is that the opposition has put a lot of zone on us. That makes it much more difficult to drive in, let alone kick it back out. But if we can throw it over the top to MSS or Corey and they move like they intend to shoot, the defense will collapse. At that point they would have the opportunity to kick it back out. But it needs to be planned and the kickouts have to be crisp and fast. MR has called for an inside out game on a number of occasions. Right now I think the players are keeping the ball hot by passing it around. But they need to do more inside-out passing too rather than just passing around the perimeter. They will get there.
Nonetheless our shooting percentage, especially 3 point shooting percentage, is up over last year and we have more weapons. I'm not worried. People expect us to crush every opponent we play.....not going to happen. But we are at 7-2 so not a lot to complain about.

Reactions: mrgeode

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
We need Crow, a senior, to step up in the big games. Against LSU/Tenn/Purdue, 54 minutes played, 1 bucket. 1-7 from the field. Invisible. Way too passive. Lacks confidence and aggression. 150 minutes played thus far. 2 FT attempts. He’s a senior shooting guard. Role is to provide offensive punch/spark off the bench. Has not scored a point away from home this season in 37 minutes. Has very little Melvin Johnson (sixth man) swagger in him. Has a sweet stroke but is a reluctant shooter. Not a scorer’s mentality. Too deferential. Too many empty minutes for our up-tempo style. Good kid though. Good teammate/attitude.

Reactions: Newboy

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
F*** man! Just saw Malik walking around pre-game with his arm in a sling and hand has a cast on it. Apparently injured his wrist in practice. Ugh!!!!!!

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
F*** man! Just saw Malik walking around pre-game with his arm in a sling and hand has a cast on it. Apparently injured his wrist in practice. Ugh!!!!!!
Sheet.

If he's gonna be out most of the year then maybe he should consider a medical redshirt and come back for another year? I think the NCAA will grant it to you if you play less than 10 games.