Recruiting Marcus Evans - Game Changer

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Malcolm Brogdon (U.Va., Class of '16), NBA Rookie of the Year
At least as ESPN "analysts" (I do find a lot of what ESPN does dubious at best but for what it's worth) see it Embiid and Saric both have over a 40% chance to Brogdan's 16%. The only thing I've read saying Brogdan comes out of Charlottesville or Milwaukee.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Some kids/families are thinking life after basketball. A UVA diploma is quite valuable.
I can see the education, but not the basketball end of it. He did go to Rice which is also very good academically, bu tis also transferring out.

Steve Roadcap

Top Member
Oct 18, 2015
When my ex sister-in-law was a student at UVA she wanted to pursue a major that UVA didn't offer, but VCU did. When she went to her advisor to have the transfer papers signed, he sputtered, "But a degree from UVA is so much more valuable than VCU." Well she transferred, is quite successful now , so you can take your statement and put it where the sun don't shine.
My degree served me well. Got me into one of the best law schools in the U.S.. and on to practicing law for the last 38 years. My most enjoyable years of my life were the 4 years I spent at VCU. I couldn't have expected more if I tried. Even met my first wife there. Now, that didn't turn out quite as well.

Last edited:

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
My degree served me well. Got me into one of the best law schools in the U.S.. and on to practicing law for the last 38 years. My most enjoyable years of my life were the 4 years I spent at VCU. I couldn't have expected more if I tried. Even met my first wife there. Now, that didn't turn out quite as well.
Yes, VCU has a great deal to off any recruit both athletically and academically. This is the place for you Marcus!

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
It's so obvious (to Ram fans) that VCU is the right choice!
I could not agree more. Marcus is a perfect fit for VCU. He has already flourished under Mikes's coaching and style of play and after sitting out a year he would have an easy transition. He could really hit the ground running. He would be a big-time addition to the Rams. Marcus has the explosiveness and ability to take over games. He already knows that Mike will give him the latitude to utilize his unique skill-set to the fullest degree. Close your eyes for a minute and envision Marcus, Samir and D.J. on the floor together. That could be a scary good and very talented trio. We need Marcus!

There is also no question that Marcus's parents and family would get an opportunity to see him play a ton. Not only home games, but the vast majority of away games are in easy striking distance. A true win, win for all concerned.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I could not agree more. Marcus is a perfect fit for VCU. He has already flourished under Mikes's coaching and style of play and after sitting out a year he would have an easy transition. He could really hit the ground running. He would be a big-time addition to the Rams. Marcus has the explosiveness and ability to take over games. He already knows that Mike will give him the latitude to utilize his unique skill-set to the fullest degree. Close your eyes for a minute and envision Marcus, Samir and D.J. on the floor together. That could be a scary good and very talented trio. We need Marcus!

There is also no question that Marcus's parents and family would get an opportunity to see him play a ton. Not only home games, but the vast majority of away games are in easy striking distance. A true win, win for all concerned.
Yeah, you never know but it just makes too much sense for it to go in our favor.

Reactions: SWV