Recruiting Marcus Evans - Game Changer

VCU_Redskins

Top Member
Dec 5, 2013
Do you have confirmation from the AD that he was sick for the games?
Lol, funny you should say that... But regardless, simple deduction can be applied from my viewpoint to confirm what I was told:

1. Some random person asked "did you see that guy puke during the VCU game?" the other day and I thought nothing of it. Just figured it was from running so much but I didn't see it.

2. Someone else told me Marcus was sick all weekend. And this person would know.

3. Now there's confirmation, albeit second hand, that someone else saw a player puke and this player was Marcus.

That's 3 unrelated people who would have to be wrong and one who personally knows the team.

4. His minutes
5. His play

Maybe you're right, but I'm gonna go with he was sick...

May 19, 2015
Those insiders with the their insider information........ special people I tells ya.
If, by chance, you were talking about me, I'm not passing myself off as an "insider". To the contrary, I clearly stated that my information was being restated from another posting. I'm assuming since they were in attendance at the game, they had fairly accurate information of the event. I have zero inside information and zero connections to inside information.

VCU_Redskins

Top Member
Dec 5, 2013
His minutes and play were on him.
Yeah I guess you're right. He just abnormally sucked for some unknown reason. Maybe the bright lights of the 1,000 seat gym got to him, Or maybe it was the pressure of a neutral court game in November. Too bad we're stuck with him for the season :( :(

If, by chance, you were talking about me, I'm not passing myself off as an "insider". To the contrary, I clearly stated that my information was being restated from another posting. I'm assuming since they were in attendance at the game, they had fairly accurate information of the event. I have zero inside information and zero connections to inside information.
And if that was about me, I'm not super special either. I just happen to know two people who ARE in the secret club. They sometimes throw me scraps from the window of their limo as they drive past

May 19, 2015
Yeah I guess you're right. He just abnormally sucked for some unknown reason. Maybe the bright lights of the 1,000 seat gym got to him, Or maybe it was the pressure of a neutral court game in November. Too bad we're stuck with him for the season :( :(

And if that was about me, I'm not super special either. I just happen to know two people who ARE in the secret club. They sometimes throw me scraps from the window of their limo as they drive past
How can I get into that secret club? :D

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
His minutes and play were on him.
How much are you willing to put on the line that MR mentions it during his press conference this week? Let’s just turn it into a wager and put the pettiness behind us.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
One of my peeps took this pic during the Purdue game when we saw it happening. This was after he has first went behind the Purdue bench area and an assistant had to go help him.
I’ve asked before- has anyone seen any reference by Marcus to his being ill in any media, social or otherwise. If not, doesn’t that say something about him not making excuses for lapses in his performance?

VCU_Redskins

Top Member
Dec 5, 2013
I’ve asked before- has anyone seen any reference by Marcus to his being ill in any media, social or otherwise. If not, doesn’t that say something about him not making excuses for lapses in his performance?
I agree. No excuses. We should have won... As Rhoades says, every team has SOMETHING going on. What's going to happen in February when half the team is beat up and sore or worse?

It IS easier said than done, however.

SZQ VCU

Top Member
Insider
Dec 5, 2012
I have not seen his account on Twitter since Saturday.

Reactions: SWV

VCU_Redskins

Top Member
Dec 5, 2013
I have not seen his account on Twitter since Saturday.
As in he deleted it?

Probably for the best. Not just for him but almost everyone... Twitter is a cesspool of negativity and I'm a firm believer that it's responsible for a lot of people's insecurities and depression.

I'd love to read a study about the likelihood of tweeting when angry vs happy and the percentages of negative replies to positive ones. It's simply too easy for kneejerk tweets and replies to tweets that are nothing but emotional or hostile.