Recruiting Marcus Evans - Game Changer

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
I’ve asked before- has anyone seen any reference by Marcus to his being ill in any media, social or otherwise. If not, doesn’t that say something about him not making excuses for lapses in his performance?
I thought they mentioned it during the game on Ram radio.

VCU_Redskins

Top Member
Dec 5, 2013
Do you have confirmation from the AD that he was sick for the games?
How much are you willing to put on the line that MR mentions it during his press conference this week? Let’s just turn it into a wager and put the pettiness behind us.
I’ve asked before- has anyone seen any reference by Marcus to his being ill in any media, social or otherwise. If not, doesn’t that say something about him not making excuses for lapses in his performance?
I thought they mentioned it during the game on Ram radio.
It was not discussed in the presser.

When asked about having a full week off he said he'd rather play quickly after bad losses but it's good to have a break because there are a lot of papers being written and they can get a little healthier even though they're "pretty good" health-wise right now.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
It was not discussed in the presser.

When asked about having a full week off he said he'd rather play quickly after bad losses but it's good to have a break because there are a lot of papers being written and they can get a little healthier even though they're "pretty good" health-wise right now.
I saw that—thought the beat guys would push a little more on the weekend, but they switched over to ODU pretty quickly. Good thing the other poster didn’t take the wager offer 🤫

• Haha
Reactions: VCU_Redskins

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Here's what I think. Marcus Evans is Marcus Evansing himself to death, easily seeable since he is now extremely healthy and only Deri can keep us sometimes. Thus the balls her throws into the fifth row! He has to slow down and realize he is the 6 Million Dollar Man. Harness those Super Powers Deuce!

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
When Evan's has his head on a swivel and looking to get others involved first, he's good.
Everyone that posts on these boards needs to go back and listen to Evans in the fodu post-game radio interview with Robby to really understand his role on this team and the adjustments he has had to make vs. his role at Rice. This kid is really special and has a huge grasp on the big picture when it comes to this team. He is definitely the leader of this team.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
You know, I was thinking about that tournament earlier today. People are acting like this is rock bottom, that outing was rough! Yet, we managed to do OK that season. These tournaments aren't the end of the world.
I remember the Charleston tournament as I was in attendance. That was tough to watch and it looked as if we'd be mediocre at best. This past tournament we lost two very close games to two good teams.

Yes we were knocked out of the polls, However, it demonstrated to me just how good we are even with a diminished ME. All that needs to happen is more practice, execution, and more opponents.

We are in really good shape

Dec 2, 2012
I was at the ODU game.

People sitting with me stated that he didn't seem to have his usual energy pregame.
I thought he just looked a little off.
Hopefully the bug works its way out of his system.
Lucky Bones has come so far, so fast.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I got to think he's @MikeRhoades @MikeRhoades poo9 xss favorite player! Stop seeing ghosts!!
Everyone that posts on these boards needs to go back and listen to Evans in the fodu post-game radio interview with Robby to really understand his role on this team and the adjustments he has had to make vs. his role at Rice. This kid is really special and has a huge grasp on the big picture when it comes to this team. He is definitely the leader of this team.
absolutely no question about that..he has ALOT more on his plate including bones tutelage. dude is on ball hawking and funneling the opposing pg into the lane so corey or mss to block shots. He's making sure everyone is position on offense and.defense. advocating questionable calls for other players on the court...not just himself, making terrific leap and cross court passes and more..

I spend alot of time just focusing on Evan's every game.. his fingerprints on every play when he is out on the court...that 7 game improvement from 18-25 wins was mainly to do with evans.

all you have do is look at how we performed with Evan's vs without evans on the court.

He may not have had to score 20 a game like at rice but he still was THE GUY who.picked us up when the offense stalled. He had think like it.

I dare say, if Evan's hadn't elevate our play last year to the NCAA's then bones is in another uniform this year.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Evans is both our best player and most important player......he goes we go
I Will not argue with the intangibles he brings to the team but the measurables need to start ticking up

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
absolutely no question about that..he has ALOT more on his plate including bones tutelage. dude is on ball hawking and funneling the opposing pg into the lane so corey or mss to block shots. He's making sure everyone is position on offense and.defense. advocating questionable calls for other players on the court...not just himself, making terrific leap and cross court passes and more..

I spend alot of time just focusing on Evan's every game.. his fingerprints on every play when he is out on the court...that 7 game improvement from 18-25 wins was mainly to do with evans.

all you have do is look at how we performed with Evan's vs without evans on the court.

He may not have had to score 20 a game like at rice but he still was THE GUY who.picked us up when the offense stalled. He had think like it.

I dare say, if Evan's hadn't elevate our play last year to the NCAA's then bones is in another uniform this year.
Agree, and...
Obscure?
65B5E060-BA59-417B-BE38-41AB76D0AC08.png

Reactions: mrgeode

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Evans is both our best player and most important player......he goes we go
I Will not argue with the intangibles he brings to the team but the measurables need to start ticking up
You also need to consider the teammates he is working with. They all feed off of each other. And they are mostly seniors. Just sayin'.