Recruiting Marcus Evans - Game Changer

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Don’t put this on MR—the kid is a warrior, his style of play is balls to wall and that is what makes him great when he is healthy.
a. MR is the coach. He can say no.
b. MR is the one positioning ME under the basket to take that punishment in the defensive rotation.
No one else.

How is good to have your star pg under the basket taking hard charges from guys twice his size? ME can find others wars to be a warrior without doing that.

Keep him healthy so he can help us in close games.

Reactions: rammad90
Nov 25, 2015
ME is under the basket following his man, and coming off to help. MR doesn't position him there, he goes there because he has basketball acumen. The bigs are covering thier man, and maybe losing them, but saying ME should stay away from under the basket is not understanding help basketball.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
The stuff posted on here defies comprehension... It almost like everyone is making $hitte up to get a reaction

So ..let me understand... Rhoades is now getting criticism because ME takes charges.

Holy phuck... Wow ..just wow
you do realize that the coach has him positioned to take those in certain rotations right?

marcus hits the floor hard 3 to 4 times underneath the rim right before the charge circle over the course 25 minutes 30+ games a year...its going to wear on his body.

Yes...its one way to prevent penetration...but would it be easier to have one of your forwards rotating over?

this...on top of all the loose balls marcus dives for every game and charges he takes while ball hawking in the perimeter...

Have a forward take those charges.. dont have your 6'2 160 pound pg sacrificing his body any more than he has too.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
you do realize that the coach has him positioned to take those in certain rotations right?

marcus hits the floor hard 3 to 4 times underneath the rim right before the charge circle over the course 25 minutes 30+ games a year...its going to wear on his body.

Yes...its one way to prevent penetration...but would it be easier to have one of your forwards rotating over?

this...on top of all the loose balls marcus dives for every game and charges he takes while ball hawking in the perimeter...

Have a forward take those charges.. dont have your 6'2 160 pound pg sacrificing his body any more than he has too.
:shock:

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014

What in the f.....please stop. Thanks.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
a. MR is the coach. He can say no.
b. MR is the one positioning ME under the basket to take that punishment in the defensive rotation.
No one else.

How is good to have your star pg under the basket taking hard charges from guys twice his size? ME can find others wars to be a warrior without doing that.

Keep him healthy so he can help us in close games.
Elite athletes will do what it takes to win....yes, sometimes that has a detrimental impact on physical well being.....stop it with the second guessing from the couch. Let the players play, coaches coach and assess them on outcomes, not every little nuance.

Dr Joe

Top Member
Insider
Oct 12, 2017
What in the f.....please stop. Thanks.
I totally disagree with DL on why any particular player ends up taking a charge. However, I do believe Vince has the same sense as ME and showed that in the Dayton game. IMO if we go into March with a healthy Vince and a somewhat healthy ME we could make some big noise in Brooklyn. An athletic #4 with size and weight changes what defenses have to do. Add ME and Bones and we could rise to the occasion. Still positive-GO RAMS!!

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
I totally disagree with DL on why any particular player ends up taking a charge. However, I do believe Vince has the same sense as ME and showed that in the Dayton game. IMO if we go into March with a healthy Vince and a somewhat healthy ME we could make some big noise in Brooklyn. An athletic #4 with size and weight changes what defenses have to do. Add ME and Bones and we could rise to the occasion. Still positive-GO RAMS!!
Just keep figthin like heck!