Recruiting Marcus Evans - Game Changer

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
He never fully recovered from his previous injuries. He was never close to 100% all last season.
True....also, double Achilles injuries? In two years? Especially for a PG/speed/lateral movement type? Oh, and changing schools and stepping up in competition??
It changes EVERYTHING about what your new 100% looks like, cause it sure aint the 100% you had previous to the double Achilles...
Go down the list of NBA guys who were never the same after a single Achilles injury?? Kobe/Billups/Elton Brand/Brandon Jennings/et al

As disappointing a finish for ME last year? Not a single rational person could say he DIDN'T give a ton of blood/sweat/tears for the black and gold in spite of all the injuries.

Marcus Evans has heart to spare and is tough as nails...

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
As I have asked before, was his head injured? He was a really good player, but to me, forced things too much. It no longer matters. It is all behind us now.
He did force things. Fact. But his good far out weighed the bad. Fwiw, there is no reason at this juncture this young fella is taking heat.

He graduated and he has moved on. Let's respect him by not tearing him down anymore.

I ask (and not directed to you) what purpose does any of the negative comments serve at this point?

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
I did a bit more digging. From 2015:
Just because he [Rhoades] wanted the [VCU] job doesnt mean he was offered or was the best candidate.
There were variables involved that most will never know. He is at Rice. Will Wade is our coach.
You can think whatever you want, but Rhoades was never offered. Period.

That may sound stupid to you, but you don't know what went on behing the scenes.
From 2019:
Rhoades was the top candidate to replace Kellogg at UMass.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I did a bit more digging:
If you go back you will find that people on here and WTVR were reporting Rhoades and I am pretty sure I told everyone it was Wade. Rao and Smart had nothing to do with it. Wade was the guy. Greg is correct.

That last post by me is taken out of context because it was after Wade went to LSU. They were looking for a coach at the same time.

Reactions: LQuarles
Mar 2, 2014
If you go back you will find that people on here and WTVR were reporting Rhoades and I am pretty sure I told everyone it was Wade. Rao and Smart had nothing to do with it. Wade was the guy. Greg is correct.

That last post by me is taken out of context because it was after Wade went to LSU. They were looking for a coach at the same time.
The cool thing about the old posts is that I see Ram Cray. I wonder how old Ram Cray is doing these days? He left in a heap.

May 4, 2012

True Smart did not impact the decision but he did have favorable view of Wade, words to the effect that noone worked harder.

Reactions: rammad90