VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
Here's my take on MSS and other VCU transfers. Do you think MSS still roots for VCU? With what was said during his departure, I seriously doubt it. There is absolutely nothing I owe any ex VCU player that does not still show some love for VCU.
He may while there are still players here that he knew. He really won't have much connection to Texas Tech either. I think he already had a yard sale on Twitter selling off all of his Texas Tech gear. That is the way of the future though. If you play for two or even three schools during your four year career you are not going to have much of a connection to any of them. That goes the same way for the fans with the players as well.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah going overseas is not for everyone. Twice in my life I have turned down lucrative opportunities overseas because my wife did not want to live overseas. Doug Brooks is a VCU product that tried it and couldn't adapt to being overseas.

Interesting tidbit I almost missed the first time was people encouraged him to give up BBall and Focus on football even before last season. He wasn't ready to give up on the NBA dream and played another year anyways. Can't blame the guy for following his dream until the last possible moment. Really hope football works out for him in some league

Mistachill

Elite Member
Can't exactly blame him for that given the state of the world right now. There's not really any reason not to do what he's doing, especially if he spoke with Mo and Mo agreed it might be a good idea. His chances are slim but if he pulls this off he'll be making more than he would overseas or on a G-League team.
Yeah, each person has to do what they're comfortable with. But also, overseas doesn't have to mean playing in Lithuania. People have made a decent living playing in Puerto Rico. But again, he has to do what is most comfortable for him. Good luck

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
This song on the record always skips at the same place, and it NEVER stops playing.
Anybody remember that RVa radio station way back when, that made it's debut, played the same song, commercial-free back to back over and over for days and days" What was it, "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" by The Stones?

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
He may while there are still players here that he knew. He really won't have much connection to Texas Tech either. I think he already had a yard sale on Twitter selling off all of his Texas Tech gear. That is the way of the future though. If you play for two or even three schools during your four year career you are not going to have much of a connection to any of them. That goes the same way for the fans with the players as well.
I have to disagree. If you play three years and graduate from a school there is a connection. I know people who attended VCU transferred and still have the connection to VCU. I also know similar folks who never graduated.

It depends on the person whether they feel connected or are connected. There are guys who are 1 and done who are connected. Surely if you play 3 years you can connect. Chris Cheeks played just 2 years and sure as heck is connected.

I came to VCU after the army and a handful community colleges and I am connected.

As to MSS, the guy played 3 years, achieved one the Court and graduate. There is a connection.

urmite

Elite Member
Anybody remember that RVa radio station way back when, that made it's debut, played the same song, commercial-free back to back over and over for days and days" What was it, "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" by The Stones?
Yes, it was. And now it will bug me until I remember which station…