LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Texas Tech was 18-13 this season. AZ State parties are more popular than the basketball team. Big 12 has Kansas and Pac 12 has been mediocre. If you can play, the NBA will find you. Ja Morant played in the OVC.
Not discounting anything you said, just wanna add that Morant was also able to single handedly decimate a very good Marquette team, which solidified his status even more.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Not discounting anything you said, just wanna add that Morant was also able to single handedly decimate a very good Marquette team, which solidified his status even more.
Silva has played Purdue, LSU, Texas, Tenn, UCF, Temple, St. John's, and National Championship contender Dayton in the last 2 seasons. You get plenty of opportunities to show what you got at VCU.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Silva has played Purdue, LSU, Texas, Tenn, UCF, Temple, St. John's, and National Championship contender Dayton in the last 2 seasons. You get plenty of opportunities to show what you got at VCU.
Not to mention Rhoades helped recruit some of Shaka's best players, Troy, Bri, and Treveon, who just happened to make it to the NBA. So if MSS and/or his family didn't like what they heard/saw from Rhoades, well....

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
But not so much against Grant Golden.
GG can be a pretty good player.
All bets are off in a rivalry game as we have seen many times; I'm never really surprised* by much of anything that goes on in those rivalry games.

*surprised probably isn’t the correct word, right now I just can’t come up with one that says “expect the unexpected because you never know”. :)

thelonious_chunk

Top Member
Jun 17, 2014
It’s somewhere between bad math and delusional to think our players have equivalent opportunities to compete against top talent when compared to P6. One player and one COY doesn’t even start to change that, regardless of OOC. I’m sure scouts value consistently strong evidence that a borderline (at best) pick can not only hold up, but dominate against other NBA talent, meaning he needs more than a couple nights against Dayton and a night against Haarms. He needs to beat those guys AND do it every night in P6 to have a shot, to do that he simply needs more opportunity to grow comfortable with that. It’s not random that he declares for the draft and quickly turns around and announces he’s transferring. I also think he might look better on court with some different weapons around him, i.e. multiple snipers and a proper 5 which can all open space for him.

If you don’t think TT has good odds to do well next season, educate yourself. They are top 10 preseason per NBC sports, top 20 everywhere else. Similar with Az st. Keep on rationalizing...

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
It’s somewhere between bad math and delusional to think our players have equivalent opportunities to compete against top talent when compared to P6. One player and one COY doesn’t even start to change that, regardless of OOC. I’m sure scouts value consistently strong evidence that a borderline (at best) pick can not only hold up, but dominate against other NBA talent, meaning he needs more than a couple nights against Dayton and a night against Haarms. He needs to beat those guys AND do it every night in P6 to have a shot, to do that he simply needs more opportunity to grow comfortable with that. It’s not random that he declares for the draft and quickly turns around and announces he’s transferring. I also think he might look better on court with some different weapons around him, i.e. multiple snipers and a proper 5 which can all open space for him.
You do realize he couldn’t crack any of the all conference teams in this lowly conference .......now he needs better competition? Seems he had all he could handle at this level

May 1, 2009
I just think he doesn't want to play the 5 anymore. He wants to be able to put the ball on the floor and/or shoot a longer ball. Time will tell if he can do that during game time. If he can't, he may well ride pine. But he's a worker, so who knows.

Reactions: RamChris and SWV

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
But not so much against Grant Golden.
Game 1 he did, Game 2 he did not. ( Golden had a great game in Game 1, but MSS still played well even though not spectatcular) . Heh, to me he is just a guy who used to play here now. If he had stayed four years he could have earned a spot as one of the all-time great Rams.

Last edited:
Reactions: RamStrut