VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Texas; brown, flat, and hot as F*ck... oh and they're are rattlesnakes everywhere.... no thanks.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Texas; brown, flat, and hot as F*ck... oh and they're are rattlesnakes everywhere.... no thanks.
I enjoyed Amarillo for some odd reason. I liked the adventure of it all. We used to visit Palo Duro Canyon quite a bit. It is the 2nd largest canyon in the US. Oh, I saw my first roadrunner and almost got knocked off the road by a monster tumbleweed in a wind storm.

On the subject of Silva, he will do fine there. I just think he got to a point where he wanted a new adventure. Life is like that.

May 19, 2015
He walked out because he thought he was too good for VCU and couldn’t get to the NBA because we weren’t good enough. That’s a slap to the face as well. No less after Rhoades and the staff tried to help him research his ultimate goal.
When did MSS say that he was too good for VCU and couldn't get to the NBA because we weren't good enough? Sources, please.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
I enjoyed Amarillo for some odd reason. I liked the adventure of it all. We used to visit Palo Duro Canyon quite a bit. It is the 2nd largest canyon in the US. Oh, I saw my first roadrunner and almost got knocked off the road by a monster tumbleweed in a wind storm.

On the subject of Silva, he will do fine there. I just think he got to a point where he wanted a new adventure. Life is like that.
Yep been to Texas, (the son was stationed in San Antonio for a few years) and across the entire state en route to Las Vegas. Lots of cool areas, but it's pretty barren for a lot of the territory. Without oil it'd be cows, and tumbleweeds...... an even more rattlers.

I wish him well, hope it works out like I think he thinks it will.

Reactions: share the ball
Dec 2, 2012

Question: I always just assumed tumble weeds would be light weight, like a big ball of dried up brush. How heavy was this thing?

May 19, 2015
For every poster who thinks Texas is a shiite hole to live, some percentage of 29 million thinks it is not such a bad place to set-up home. We need to all get used to the fact that players will now have the same choice as MSS and that is to decide to transfer, regardless of the reason. Yes, we may become the farm team for the P5 schools. I have no idea why MSS decided to transfer from VCU. Neither do most of you, I'm suspecting is the case for most of you. So, to express negative conjecture that MSS deliberately did this or that is a horrible look on the VCU fans and Ramnation. That, of course, may be the very reason why some of you are doing it to the detriment of our MBB program. It certainly has no positive impact on players or future recruits to see the few posters bash a player who transfers out, without knowing the real reason why. How about if a family member pushed him to the decision. Do you still think he deserves this poopte?

Reactions: share the ball

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Question: I always just assumed tumble weeds would be light weight, like a big ball of dried up brush. How heavy was this thing?
I was driving to the Amarillo airport to pick up my mother in law. She was visiting for a couple weeks because my son was about to be born. All of a sudden a HUGE tumbleweed came barreling across the plains and side swiped my SUV. I almost went off the road. The tumbleweed had to be 10 feet tall. Basically it is nothing more than sticks and debris that agglomerates due to the winds of the high plains. By the way, the high plains are kind of cool. Flat as the eye can see but if you leave the road it actually becomes quite hilly with very interesting crater like features. I used to go horseback riding when I lived there. Pretty wild.

Reactions: Ululating Daddy

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
For every poster who thinks Texas is a shiite hole to live, some percentage of 29 million thinks it is not such a bad place to set-up home. We need to all get used to the fact that players will now have the same choice as MSS and that is to decide to transfer, regardless of the reason. Yes, we may become the farm team for the P5 schools. I have no idea why MSS decided to transfer from VCU. Neither do most of you, I'm suspecting is the case for most of you. So, to express negative conjecture that MSS deliberately did this or that is a horrible look on the VCU fans and Ramnation. That, of course, may be the very reason why some of you are doing it to the detriment of our MBB program. It certainly has no positive impact on players or future recruits to see the few posters bash a player who transfers out, without knowing the real reason why. How about if a family member pushed him to the decision. Do you still think he deserves this poopte?
One word..... Oil.

I was being a bit sarcastic, but having spent time there, I wouldn't want to live there unless my career dictated it.

Reactions: rvaram

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Took a road trip with my daughter last year. Drove from Dallas to Las Vegas. West Texas is the ugliest place I've been - and I've been to North Jersey many times.

Reactions: rammed and PRock

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
One word..... Oil.

I was being a bit sarcastic, but having spent time there, I wouldn't want to live there unless my career dictated it.
About 10 years ago I had a client who inherited a home somewhere in no man's land of West Texas. It was a beautiful new home, only two or three years old. The estate couldn't sell it at any price. No takers.