May 4, 2012
No. Just saying Texas tech may end giving him the opportunity for national exposure to the widest audience the maximum period of time next march.
youre messing up the hate DL, they love hating players that jilt us.
Look like MSS did his homework though.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
so you are a George Mason, "VCU", and Texas Tech fan now too?
I really don't get this.

Are fans who rooted Samir Doughty vs. UVA during the final four two seasons ago called Auburn "VCU" fans?

Are fans who rooted Jairus Lyles 3 seasons ago UMBC "VCU" fans?

To dont get me wrong. I rooted for both players as well but MSS graduated from VCU.

• Haha
Reactions: Celticguy

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
youre messing up the hate DL, they love hating players that jilt us.
Look like MSS did his homework though.
I think it just comes down to would you rather spend more time on the bench for a team that may well make a run or be on the court for a team that may struggle.

Either way, he's going to Eastern Europe after next season if he wants to continue to play.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I think it just comes down to would you rather spend more time on the bench for a team that may well make a run or be on the court for a team that may struggle.

Either way, he's going to Eastern Europe after next season if he wants to continue to play.
How about you play for a team of your choice and with whom you believe gives you your best shot to play at your highest level. Look MSS is a Ram nothing changes that, nothing. DL stated he graduated and as such that's set in stone.

While I dont see an NBA skill set, I wouldnt knock the kid who knows what happens? Troy Daniels was never all conference, never even the best player on a VCU team, certainly doesnt have a full range of NBA tools but the one skill he has teams covet and as such he's been in the league a while. Who knows maybe MSS' rebounding prowess is a different maker for him.

We will have to see.

Reactions: 80sRam
Jan 17, 2010
I really don't get this.

Are fans who rooted Samir Doughty vs. UVA during the final four two seasons ago called Auburn "VCU" fans?

Are fans who rooted Jairus Lyles 3 seasons ago UMBC "VCU" fans?

To dont get me wrong. I rooted for both players as well but MSS graduated from VCU.
DL, you could’ve posted this in the former players and recruits thread because as you mentioned MSS graduated from VCU. I think people just don’t want this thread being continuously bumped to the top/discuss Texas Tech prospective season.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
How about you play for a team of your choice and with whom you believe gives you your best shot to play at your highest level. Look MSS is a Ram nothing changes that, nothing. DL stated he graduated and as such that's set in stone.

While I dont see an NBA skill set, I wouldnt knock the kid who knows what happens? Troy Daniels was never all conference, never even the best player on a VCU team, certainly doesnt have a full range of NBA tools but the one skill he has teams covet and as such he's been in the league a while. Who knows maybe MSS' rebounding prowess is a different maker for him.

We will have to see.
Play for whoever you like, but if you're not in a vcu jersey I'm not going to celebrate it.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
DL, you could’ve posted this in the former players and recruits thread because as you mentioned MSS graduated from VCU. I think people just don’t want this thread being continuously bumped to the top/discuss Texas Tech prospective season.
We constantly...and I mean constantly bump the will Wade and shaka smart threads all the time.

Both individuals left with 1000 times more acrimony from this forum than MSS at the time of their departure. One of whom is still despised 1000 times more to this day.

Why is a VCU former player's thread..an actually graduate from VCU treated with more disdain than will wade? Because one of his relatives was a jerk?

Gimme me a break.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
We constantly...and I mean constantly bump the will Wade and shaka smart threads all the time.

Both individuals left with 1000 times more acrimony from this forum than MSS at the time of their departure. One of whom is still despised 1000 times more to this day.

Why is a VCU former player's thread..an actually graduate from VCU treated with more disdain than will wade? Because one of his relatives was a jerk?

Gimme me a break.
What happens to Wade down there in Baton Rouge with his strong ass offers could still come back to f VCU (although at this point I would think we're in the clear *knocks wood*) and is therefore much more relevant to our program. He had a much larger impact on the program. Shaka is Shaka and VCU goat so people like keeping tabs on him.

Reactions: RamStrut

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
What happens to Wade down there in Baton Rouge with his strong ass offers could still come back to f VCU (although at this point I would think we're in the clear *knocks wood*) and is therefore much more relevant to our program. He had a much larger impact on the program. Shaka is Shaka and VCU goat so people like keeping tabs on him.
And why does doughty get more respect than MSS?

Reactions: G-Man

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
In my mind, he doesn't. He was shown the door at VCU for a reason. And we DON'T need to rehash the reason for his departure yet again.
I am not hashing it. I know the score

I posted some info on MSS, some didnt like it and one said stop bumping the thread.

Samir certainly does get more respect. I have not seen one negative post about Samir since he left.

Dont get me wrong, he deserves all the accolades for what he accomplished at Auburn (final four appearance, 2020 CBB POY candidate) but he played ONE YEAR at vcu and left.

MSS is a VCU GRAD so it makes no sense to me to tell anyone to let his thread die.

That is all.