RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
That is the point isn't it. He is a vcu graduate!! People treat Samir Dougherty and Terry Larrier with more respect and neither of them graduated from VCU.

He never said a bad thing about VCU,

YOu can't hold him accountable for his uncle or dad's action. They are grown as men responsible for their own actions.
:roll::roll::roll::roll:

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010

Regardless of how we feel about his decision. Congrats to Marcus on his degree! You worked hard for this and it helps our teams graduation numbers.
He left and didnt hurt our grad rate. For all those he got he free education as such he is owed nothing crowd, well he graduated as he was expected and he took full advantage.

No reason to be salty. Works both ways.

Last edited:

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
He left and didnt hurt our grad rate. For all those he got he free education as such he is owed nothing crowd, well he graduate as he was expected and he took full advantage.

No reason to be salty. Works both ways.
I will admit I won't miss watching his FT's :D

But now I really feel bad for the guy. He transferred to showcase his talent against higher competition with making the NBA as the goal. At the time, a reasonable decision. But with the season still in limbo due to COVID19, will his plan work out?
I suppose if he takes 2 yrs to get his grad degree AND the NCAA grants an extra year of eligibility; it still may.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
I wonder if it hurt our grad rate when it took me 12 years to finish?
You beat me!! Seriously though, I think some people who struggle thru school or early in life sometimes do better in this world than those that breeze thru with straight A's. That's a big reason I like VCU. VCU doesnt put all students in a box and judge them by the traditional standards. You can go thru school in 3 years with a 4.0 or take 15 years while on academic probation. Either way, you can fit in at VCU.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I will admit I won't miss watching his FT's :D

But now I really feel bad for the guy. He transferred to showcase his talent against higher competition with making the NBA as the goal. At the time, a reasonable decision. But with the season still in limbo due to COVID19, will his plan work out?
I suppose if he takes 2 yrs to get his grad degree AND the NCAA grants an extra year of eligibility; it still may.
The ft shooting was always an adventure. Kind of Shaqlike if you will. As to COVID-19 and his decision its still a good one if his plan was to play against higher level guys. He never get's that here at VCU during the regular season. Although, one could argue the Obi was high level, as is the kid from UMass, and a couple of others.

Either way, he sits or he leaves here or there.

Good luck to him either way. I hope it works out for him.

Reactions: share the ball
Jul 14, 2011
The ft shooting was always an adventure. Kind of Shaqlike if you will. As to COVID-19 and his decision its still a good one if his plan was to play against higher level guys. He never get's that here at VCU during the regular season. Although, one could argue the Obi was high level, as is the kid from UMass, and a couple of others.

Either way, he sits or he leaves here or there.

Good luck to him either way. I hope it works out for him.
38% of our team shot .600 or worse from the line (excluding Arnold since he never took a ft). So we may still have these exciting adventures moving forward.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Remember this when you see surveys about asst coaches and how ours are not mentioned.
I don’t need a survey to tell me that Coach Scott is the best big man coach we have had in a while. I also need a survey to tell me that our defense is better since coach Brunt arrived and that he will be a head coach someday. Do we have the same level of coaches end to end like we had the final four year? No. But I would argue no school in the A10 has that and honestly, you can’t probably count on your hands the number of schools in all D1q that have that

Reactions: DisplacedRam

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I don’t need a survey to tell me that Coach Scott is the best big man coach we have had in a while. I also need a survey to tell me that our defense is better since coach Brunt arrived and that he will be a head coach someday. Do we have the same level of coaches end to end like we had the final four year? No. But I would argue no school in the A10 has that and honestly, you can’t probably count on your hands the number of schools in all D1q that have that
Guess the dip$hit is moving from crapping on the head coach to ripping the assistant coaches.

Reactions: DisplacedRam
May 4, 2012
Well surveys are for the present state so whatever we were ten years ago is irrelevant except as an indicator of trend.
Folks surveyed disagree with your assessment.