VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Galileo's championing of heliocentrism and Copernicanism was controversial during his lifetime, when most subscribed to geocentric models such as the Tychonic system.[9] He met with opposition from astronomers, who doubted heliocentrism because of the absence of an observed stellar parallax.[9] The matter was investigated by the Roman Inquisition in 1615, which concluded that heliocentrism was "foolish and absurd in philosophy, and formally heretical since it explicitly contradicts in many places the sense of Holy Scripture".[9][10][11]
D*mn I thought encyclopedias were a thing of the past. What ? yah kept a set of Funk and Wagnels on the shelf for just this sort of obscure plagiarism purpose ?

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
D*mn I thought encyclopedias were a thing of the past. What ? yah kept a set of Funk and Wagnels on the shelf for just this sort of obscure plagiarism purpose ?
Practicing cut and paste....leave it be ...at least he is not pontificating about something he knows nothing about...like basketball

• Haha
Reactions: VCU85

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Practicing cut and paste....leave it be ...at least he is not pontificating about something he knows nothing about...like basketball
The cut and paste must have been why none of the words were misspelled 😄

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
It is funny while not shocking the things that replicate real life on this forum. Often time Celticguy and I have opposing views but some of the, and I use this loosely, "attacks" are actual pushing people to defend him, including me, that almost never agree with him. I know some are doing it in jest but at some point it just looks like piling on for the sake of piling on.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
It is funny while not shocking the things that replicate real life on this forum. Often time Celticguy and I have opposing views but some of the, and I use this loosely, "attacks" are actual pushing people to defend him, including me, that almost never agree with him. I know some are doing it in jest but at some point it just looks like piling on for the sake of piling on.
Absolutely!!! We want to talk about "hatred" for certain races/individuals and this is a classic case of hypocrisy. I don't like the guy's posts either, but I was mature enough to put him on "Ignore", vs. attacking him. #walkthetalk

Reactions: Reddic-ulous

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Sorry...you say stupid $hitte on a sports message board you going to get called out...

leave me out of the hug-a-thon.

Guy rips the program that I root for...got no sympathy

Reactions: VCU85

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Sorry...you say stupid $hitte on a sports message board you going to get called out...

leave me out of the hug-a-thon.

Guy rips the program that I root for...got no sympathy
Yep, if you're gonna hang stoopid out there expect to get it called out, especially when you double down.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I am not sure if Galileo said it before or after he dropped the orange but he said, "I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him." It is unknown if CelticGuy and Galileo ever met.

Last edited:

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
I am not sure if Galileo said it before or after he dropped the orange but he said, "I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him." It is unknown if CelticGuy and Galileo ever met.
He would have made Galileo sit on the bench for being too smart....and not giving the other astronomers time at the telescope.

Reactions: vcumad
Jul 14, 2011
Y’all seriously get what you ask for. CG makes one statement, people nancy and complain about wanting him to be somewhere else, claim he doesn’t get to them, and spend the next 2 pages insulting him and never touching on the content he discusses. He may be wrong and make dumb statements from time to time but those constantly bitching are what gives him a reason to stay. You may say he doesn’t get to you but proof is in the sheer number of responses you dedicate to the guy.

Trolls look to get a rise out of people.Therefore if he is a troll then he is playing y’all really well.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Y’all seriously get what you ask for. CG makes one statement, people nancy and complain about wanting him to be somewhere else, claim he doesn’t get to them, and spend the next 2 pages insulting him and never touching on the content he discusses. He may be wrong and make dumb statements from time to time but those constantly bitching are what gives him a reason to stay. You may say he doesn’t get to you but proof is in the sheer number of responses you dedicate to the guy.

Trolls look to get a rise out of people.Therefore if he is a troll then he is playing y’all really well.
Have a seat Dr. Phil.

I don't like people getting personal with insults at any poster for their basketball comments, and I won't put CG on ignore, because I agree with some of what he posts. My beef with him is his comments have become overwhelmingly negative about the entire program, and players. It gets very tiresome, so some push back in his face is a good thing in my opinion.

Last edited: