Mar 2, 2014
Celticguy says "Eff it"
If you don't like it, skip or ignore. Better than the novels that some folks post and his posts are almost always basketball related.
Time to have a conversation............about Celticguy.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
OK, let me say this clearly, I often disagree with Celtic Guy, but I have no problem with him being here and posting. He's not a troll, just someone I disagree with sometimes.
Now back to MSS
Marcus, thanks for all you've given to VCU basketball, sorry to see you go, but best of luck to you!

May 4, 2012
It is funny while not shocking the things that replicate real life on this forum. Often time Celticguy and I have opposing views but some of the, and I use this loosely, "attacks" are actual pushing people to defend him, including me, that almost never agree with him. I know some are doing it in jest but at some point it just looks like piling on for the sake of piling on.
Mob mentality, its a thing.

May 4, 2012
Celticguy says "Eff it"
If you don't like it, skip or ignore. Better than the novels that some folks post and his posts are almost always basketball related.
Time to have a conversation............about Celticguy.
Well it IS the mens BB forum after all...

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
They'll love him until they see those free throws in action. LOL. Maybe he's gotten that straight.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
They'll love him until they see those free throws in action. LOL. Maybe he's gotten that straight.

Luke Hancock transferred from GMU to Louisville after March 2011 (after helping Mason upset Villanova in the dance). Mason fans were in an uproar and didn’t think ‘ole Luke could play at that level. Two yrs later in 2013 he’s the Final 4 MVP and a national champion!

There are many other CAA/A10 to P6 “examples/success stories” too.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Luke Hancock transferred from GMU to Louisville after March 2011 (after helping Mason upset Villanova in the dance). Mason fans were in an uproar and didn’t think ‘ole Luke could play at that level. Two yrs later in 2013 he’s the Final 4 MVP and a national champion!

There are many other CAA/A10 to P6 “examples/success stories” too.
And Jamie Sheen left an ACC school and I’m sure a bunch of Wake fans said he was too soft or wasn’t talented enough to win at an NCAA level.

He scored 27 points against a 1 seed in the Elite 8.

It goes both ways. Always has.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
And Jamie Sheen left an ACC school and I’m sure a bunch of Wake fans said he was too soft or wasn’t talented enough to win at an NCAA level.

He scored 27 points against a 1 seed in the Elite 8.

It goes both ways. Always has.
This is why I often have discussions with people that its both player talent AND system or style of play,