Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Coach Scott did yeoman's work on MsSs development. He won’t get that level of attention from the staff at TT. They expect him to be a near finished product. He’s not unfortunately. He’s 6’6 maybe 6’7. VCU conditioning got him in to a semblance of basketball shape. Has a good motor now but he isn’t able to play above the rim. He’s not a natural basketball player. He’s a good athlete that got good direction at VCU. Don’t even start about his mechanics on his “shot”. Hard worker nice kid who has a crazy ass uncle. Good luck and best wishes other wise see ya

He is nothing more than a rented player for Texas Tech. One year and out, and Texas Tech is not going to invest a lot in him to make him better.

Reactions: RamStrut

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Ha! Well, he can play two years there if he wants then try that.
There are two sides to that transaction, it will all depend on how his season progresses, how other players develop and the final incoming class. He is already going to be 24 next summer, two years older than Luka....

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
There are two sides to that transaction, it will all depend on how his season progresses, how other players develop and the final incoming class. He is already going to be 24 next summer, two years older than Luka....

He could always transfer to Kentucky to get more NBA exposure. :lol:

Reactions: PRock
Feb 14, 2011
They also turned the ball over a lot less. MSS had 6 of the team's 18 turnovers. That's 1/3 of the team's turnovers. And posters were wondering why the rest of the team was not passing the ball to him. :roll: :lol:
I didn't see the game(s) was MSS turn overs all on him or some of those bad below the knee passes?

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Yep, classic high floor, low ceiling guy.

If that sounds like sour grapes, then good, my grapes are sour. Sour because of Eric Maynor, Brad Burgess, Troy Daniels, Juvonte Reddic, Treveon Graham, Melvin Johnson, JeQuan Lewis, Mo and Justin Tillman. Nine names for which MSS’ name would never show up in the same paragraph unless the heading was basketball players at VCU.

Nine guys who could have picked up stakes and spent their last year as a key or featured piece at a high major to chase a chip or improve their pro profile. All recognized and appreciated the investment this program made in them and understood that if they have the goods, this program would provide them the platform to show it—BTW—all got their pro shots too.

I am in the crew that saw MSS’ departure as a good thing, but still cheesed by the way it went down. To imply or in the case of Uncle Fester’s comments, outright state that MSS needed to move on to improve his pro profile is obtuse at best, but more likely, blatant disrespect to this program which has been beyond good enough for much, much better players.

It seems lost on the MSS crew that this staff had every bit the hand in his development as he did. They worked with a guy who though sturdy and reasonably skilled did not fit the bill of a modern D1 frontline player coming in—too short to post with the big boys and too plodding to run the floor. They worked with him to transform his body, to expand his game and to feature some of his skills. To his credit, MSS worked hard and improved every year—but he didn’t do it on his own. To leave the way he did was disrespectful to the staff and the program—for those reasons, i have sour grapes and not a fan.
PRock - this was a micdrop level post right here.

Mods - do any of you have any interest in locking this thread up?
We already have a thread for "Former Players and Recruits" and MSS most definitely qualifies in that field.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I think we all realize this is not a UNC type team that gobbles up all the stars. I'm pretty content with being a fan of such a team. If someone feels like they have to move on it's par for the course. What's wrong with wishing well and fixing eyes on the next young player who loves VCU? I wish him well, enjoy the rest of your college career, TY for having been here.

Last edited:

RAM_IT

Top Member
Aug 19, 2013
I'm really shocked at the attitude towards MSS. He seems like a really good kid who worked his tail off here for 3 years and made a big impact on the court. I'm bummed he's not finishing up at VCU and feel he made a bit of an arbitrary lateral move but I'm definitely cheering for him.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Look, I'm still pissed Suzie Hockstetter dumped me in the 6th grade for that schmanzy pants Joey Ferragama ( I hear he's fat, bald, and near sighted, probably has ED too).....

Of course I'm pissed MSS dumped us.... : )

He did what he felt right, I'm still of the opinion you pick a school, and go there for the full ride especially when you're a starter, or you get the chance to jump to the NBA, NFL, MLB, or NACL.

Last edited: