Apr 29, 2009
MSS was one of the hardest workers we’ve had and I loved the kid, BUT I understand the sentiment towards him for leaving. I only saw the beginning of the game against Houston but all I saw him doing was setting screens and crashing the boards. The offense did not run through him at all like it did here last year. Can’t see how this will help his professional resume like he was on the path for here plus he had Brent Scott’s coaching and European connections. I’m sure Coach Scott will still help though of course.

Apr 20, 2009
Look, I'm still pissed Suzie Hockstetter dumped me in the 6th grade for that schmanzy pants Joey Ferragama ( I hear he's fat, bald, and near sighted, probably has ED too).....

Of course I'm pissed MSS dumped us.... : )

He did what he felt right, I'm still of the opinion you pick a school, and go there for the full ride especially when you're a starter, or you get the chance to jump to the NBA, NFL, MLB, or NACL.
Suzie had hands of stone, was a turnover machine, and couldn't hit a free throw with her shot put form. She did work her butt off and it was quite nice.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
I think we all realize this is not a UNC type team that gobbles up all the stars. I'm pretty content with being a fan of such a team. If someone feels like they have to move on it's par for the course. What's wrong with wishing well and fixing eyes on the next young player who loves VCU? I wish him well, enjoy the rest of your college career, TY for having been here.
This is the way to handle it. The people on here spending their time bashing him, six months after he left while we just went 2-1 in a tough tournament, strike me as child-like in their emotional development. Let it go and move on. Sheesh, we're playing Penn State in two days. Why not focus on that?

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
This is the way to handle it. The people on here spending their time bashing him, six months after he left while we just went 2-1 in a tough tournament, strike me as child-like in their emotional development. Let it go and move on. Sheesh, we're playing Penn State in two days. Why not focus on that?
Same way with Shaka and everyone else who decided their career choices pointed elsewhere, it's only sane to allow things to simmer and wish all best after the initial shock wears off. I quit waiting tables at 16 at Friendly after I found out my GF was humping my boss in the bathrooms and parking lot during shifts we all worked, but I suppose my fellow wait staff thought I was mightier than thou in quitting? The mature thing is to realize more is going on behind the scenes of which we cannot and should not be made aware, and wish each other the best.

BTW Marcus and his pops were watching our game 1 vs USU right after his game. He wishes us well. I hope we can mutually, maturely do the same.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Same way with Shaka and everyone else who decided their career choices pointed elsewhere, it's only sane to allow things to simmer and wish all best after the initial shock wears off. I quit waiting tables at 16 at Friendly after I found out my GF was humping my boss in the bathrooms and parking lot during shifts we all worked, but I suppose my fellow wait staff thought I was mightier than thou in quitting? The mature thing is to realize more is going on behind the scenes of which we cannot and should not be made aware, and wish each other the best.

BTW Marcus and his pops were watching our game 1 vs USU right after his game. He wishes us well. I hope we can mutually, maturely do the same.
That's awesome to hear that MSS was watching us. He gave everything he had to this program for three years, and I for one wish him the best.

Reactions: ramzilla
May 19, 2015
I have heard many say that MBB is strictly business. Many posters wrote such in one form or another to suggest that there are times when the Coach must decide, after assessing his/her needs for the team overall, whether a player still fits the program or whether a decision is to part ways. We have seen this actually play out in the past. This can be a reality for players as well. The difference is there is a price to pay if a player decides to transfer. Apparently, there is a far greater price to pay than what is imposed by the NCAA rules. Marcus Santos Silva worked hard with the coaches and the staff to develop into the player to be a part of the team and he gave it everything he had when his feet hit the pine. Whatever reason drove him in a different direction, any attempts to degrade his character or commitment is met with challenge by thousands of fans who watched him play as a VCU RAM and will forever appreciate and remain proud that he chose to represent The RAMs and played in the the black and gold uniform with pride. Of course there are those that were upset he transferred. That is business.

Reactions: SpiderRAM
May 5, 2009
My opinion, I think he really wanted to stay. His Uncle got into his head and tried to convince him that the grass was greener on the side of the fence. Of course, the Uncle was expecting an NBA contract with big bucks. Not going to happen.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Penn State!!! Yeah that's the ticket. P5, Big Ten (yeah I know not elite but Big 10 none-the- less) let's get em.

Fwiw, MSS did this thing for us and now he is doing his thing elsewhere. I'll follow his progress because I want him to do well. However, as you state I am 100% all in with the guys we (VCU) have.

I really dont know about others, I am satisfied with how things turned out and do believe that we will be better for his decision. Younger guys will develop faster, and other options will mature. This is a win, win for all.

Now as you most appropriately stated, We got Penn State tomorrow let's focus on that.

Last edited: