Players Marcus Santos-Silva

Discussion in 'VCU Mens Basketball' started by Ram Jam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Ram Jam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ram Jam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Scholarship Top Member

I'm definitely happy that MSS is sticking with VCU but it seems to me that he's a player that would fit better in Wade's system than in Rhoade's (which by early talk will be much more HAVOCy). Anyone else have similar concerns? If the tape tells a different story please let me know...

2. OvisAries14

OvisAries14 6th Man

Marcus already has a thread. I have no concerns. If I did, I wouldn't voice them on here. Lots of reasons this thread shouldn't exist.

RamBo, LQuarles, RAMification and 9 others like this.
  3. N Mollen

N Mollen Legend Top Member

Exactly.

4. Gopher+RamFan

Gopher+RamFan Hall of Famer Top Member

Are you a troll

5. Ram Jam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No are you?

6. Ram Jam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry I searched for it, couldn't find it.

Celticguy likes this.
  7. SpiderRAM

SpiderRAM Legend Top Member

8. N Mollen

N Mollen Legend Top Member

Ram Jam, obviously, Marcus and his family believe VCU is the place for him, and just as obviously, Mike Rhoades believes Marcus can be a piece of a successful team here starting in the fall. If he didn't, Marcus would be moving on. There is really no purpose served in questioning either Mike's judgment on that point or the Santos Silva family's.

SpiderRAM, RamBo, Mike T and 9 others like this.
  9. SWV

SWV Legend Top Member

10. Ram Jam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah I'm glad he's coming, seems like a great player. Just not your typical full court press style player. Is this crazy? I'm not trying to "troll" this is a reasonable observation.

C-kess likes this.
  11. Matt Beganie

Matt Beganie Walk-On

I agree with the page consensus in regards to the fact that we should support MSS and MR. BUT instead of eating our young and making him feel like an idiot maybe we should explain why threads like this shouldn't exist.

C-kess likes this.
  12. McG

McG Walk-On

Ha . I can remember many a comment about how Mo didn't have the motor, wasn't quick enough blah blah blah.... We all saw how that turned out. People were saying he would never get playing time, should look at other options, didn't pass the eye test... Whatever that is...
    Marcus looks like a big dude, when a big dude puts on man muscle, eats right, and gets into college game shape I think good things will follow.

To some degree system seems overrated, don't all college kids say they want to "play fast" and "get up and down" ? All the talk of Wade wanted to pound it inside is silly because we COULD'NT SHOOT! I bet if we had Troy and Melvin on the team we would have shot more threes. If we had Bri, we would have pressed more. Good coaches adjust to personnel.

Summary: I agree he seems like a pound the paint guy, but with work and effort I expect good things. Coaches will find a way to harness your strengths, shield your weaknesses.

13. Ululating Daddy

Ululating Daddy Hall of Famer Top Member

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing Marcus on-court at the Stu. The videos he posted on Twitter of "Doing work" while we were melting down showed me an agile, active big man, with a better-than-I-expected outside touch. Exactly the skills that should help him thrive at VCU, IMHO.

14. Ram Jam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks. I felt the same way about Wade that he adjusted the "system" to fit the personal, we were better served in the paint last year. I love having bigs like MSS on the team, I just hope our style of play caters to his strengths.

15. TampaKAP

TampaKAP Legend Top Member

I take highlight for what they are but I am not concerned about him "fitting" or MR "adjusting"