Players Marcus Santos-Silva

Scooter

Elite Member
In 2 yrs this guys is going to be a better scoring version of Mo. once he gets the proper conditioning we'll be talking about another TE from VCU to the NFL.

vcu70

Elite Member
In 2 yrs this guys is going to be a better scoring version of Mo. once he gets the proper conditioning we'll be talking about another TE from VCU to the NFL.

Another? You sound like it's a done deal.:lol:

GarseIronjade

Elite Member
I'm definitely happy that MSS is sticking with VCU but it seems to me that he's a player that would fit better in Wade's system than in Rhoade's (which by early talk will be much more HAVOCy). Anyone else have similar concerns? If the tape tells a different story please let me know...

If a player like MSS who has size, strength, and a strong rebounding instinct doesn't fit MR's system then he needs to change his system.

No matter what pace we play at, we need a couple of guys on the glass. MSS is gonna be a monster on the glass, he looks like his footwork is pretty stout, and looks comfortable using both hands near the basket. I like his little baby hook a lot. Frankly, his offensive skill set is nice for an incoming freshman.

I have no concerns with MSS.

Carry on.

Ram Jam

Elite Member
If a player like MSS who has size, strength, and a strong rebounding instinct doesn't fit MR's system then he needs to change his system.

No matter what pace we play at, we need a couple of guys on the glass. MSS is gonna be a monster on the glass, he looks like his footwork is pretty stout, and looks comfortable using both hands near the basket. I like his little baby hook a lot. Frankly, his offensive skill set is nice for an incoming freshman.

I have no concerns with MSS.

Carry on.

Thanks for giving a thoughtful response without pooping your pants. It's appreciated.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Nice video! He looks like a bigger version of Jordan Murphy with a better jumpshot

Had to put this on large screen, Marcus is so big he didn't fit on small screen. :D I think he will fit just fine in MR's system. He will be 15 to 20 lbs lighter and two steps quicker in a year and a half and that is still huge. He is a big who can shoot, even from three, which can help open the floor for driving by drawing away another teams rim protector. And he is a monster on the glass. My biggest worry for next year is that their won't be enough rebound for both Marcus and Justin.:o

Ram Jam

Elite Member
Had to put this on large screen, Marcus is so big he didn't fit on small screen. :D I think he will fit just fine in MR's system. He will be 15 to 20 lbs lighter and two steps quicker in a year and a half and that is still huge. He is a big who can shoot, even from three, which can help open the floor for driving by drawing away another teams rim protector. And he is a monster on the glass. My biggest worry for next year is that their won't be enough rebound for both Marcus and Justin.:o

Yeah I don't worry about his fit on the offensive side at all, it's more the defense (which you never really see in those highlight videos). But hey as long as you are scoring more than you are giving up on the other end that's all that matters right?

Cossack

Elite Member
I take highlight for what they are but I am not concerned about him "fitting" or MR "adjusting"

Wow, a man's man. He made some of my big Russians from the 80's look small. Figuring out how to make him be unnoticed would have been hard but I would have loved him covering my back. Having a big fighter and a nasty little guy like @ViCtorioUs was all I needed in a fight. Marcus is my kinda of guy.

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
Insider
Having a big fighter and a nasty little guy like @ViCtorioUs was all I needed in a fight. Marcus is my kinda of guy.
Bwahahahahaha!
midget1372021929.jpg

RAMification

Elite Member
Ram Jam, obviously, Marcus and his family believe VCU is the place for him, and just as obviously, Mike Rhoades believes Marcus can be a piece of a successful team here starting in the fall. If he didn't, Marcus would be moving on. There is really no purpose served in questioning either Mike's judgment on that point or the Santos Silva family's.

This.

Yeah I'm glad he's coming, seems like a great player. Just not your typical full court press style player. Is this crazy? I'm not trying to "troll" this is a reasonable observation.
Was Skeen a full court presser kinda guy ?
We need true bigs because you press 40 minutes and you require a post player on O. Reddick was super on the press but suffered in the paint. Skeen got us to the FF. I couldn't be happier about this guy.

Thanks. I felt the same way about Wade that he adjusted the "system" to fit the personal, we were better served in the paint last year. I love having bigs like MSS on the team, I just hope our style of play caters to his strengths.
Style of play has to conform to the troops you have. Rhodes will do this. Only Smart was overly adamant about style over substance (players).

Ram Jam

Elite Member
Was Skeen a full court presser kinda guy ?
We need true bigs because you press 40 minutes and you require a post player on O. Reddick was super on the press but suffered in the paint. Skeen got us to the FF. I couldn't be happier about this guy.

Good points thanks.