Players Marcus Santos-Silva

Mar 1, 2015
It ain't the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog
He’s pretty hefty.

Also instincts, anticipating and timing the ball coming off the rim. He does it. Great hands, never loses rebounds after his mitts get in the ball. He has a mentality that every rebound belongs to him. He may lead the country. Read he was maybe the best rebounder in his high school class, I guess it isn’t a surprise.

Reactions: mrgeode

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
He’s pretty hefty.

Also instincts, anticipating and timing the ball coming off the rim. He does it. Great hands, never loses rebounds after his mitts get in the ball. He has a mentality that every rebound belongs to him. He may lead the country. Read he was maybe the best rebounder in his high school class, I guess it isn’t a surprise.
Yeah, he's not small by any means, nor is he exactly easy to push around. So much of rebounding is effort and his is second to none. Combine that with great hands and instinct like you said ... I really like Hasahn French, but we ended up with the better end of that deal.

Reactions: Valley drop step

SZQ VCU

Insider
Dec 5, 2012
I have my kids (7 and 6 y.o.) chanting "Say It To Me SANTOS.....Heigh-Ho, HEIGH-HO, HEIGH-HO!!" when Santos-Silva does something awesome.

The Peppas playing a few seconds and then the crowd saying Heigh-Ho, HEIGH-HO, HEIGH-HO!! would be nuts!
We just shout ”heigh go Silva” in our world and refer tothe man as the Silva Bullet.

Apr 19, 2009
Filled with pride this morning! Very rarely do I get to chat about VCU Basketball with my Southwest Florida neighbors. However, this morning, as my neighbor jogged by, he shouted over to me, Santos-Silva...that kid is the real deal! He was referencing the LSU game and his 17-point, 11-rebound double-double. Way to represent MSS! LETS-GO-VCU!!!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Filled with pride this morning! Very rarely do I get to chat about VCU Basketball with my Southwest Florida neighbors. However, this morning, as my neighbor jogged by, he shouted over to me, Santos-Silva...that kid is the real deal! He was referencing the LSU game and his 17-point, 11-rebound double-double. Way to represent MSS! LETS-GO-VCU!!!
I like this! I think everyone in America should shout things like that throughout every day.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
And getting ready for Florida Gulf Coast University and then going to the Florida Gulf Coast soon!!

Reactions: Rambler