Players Marcus Santos-Silva

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
Can’t do anything until we know if he’s staying in the draft or not.
So we have 2 scholarships to fill as of now, June 15th is the deadline for early entries. Pretty important to find at least 1 by that time

Major Ram 2.0

Elite Member
Sounds like he's going to transfer. Why else would he say that he was doing this "to make a final decision"? Wish him the best, but disappointing that the situation at VCU is not to his liking. Another reason to question what is going on down there.

not sure what you mean by “down there”. Interesting And assuming he’s transferring from declaring for nba is also interesting. Maybe you declare to get evaluated to determine what you need to work on

ramin75

Elite Member
This should be resolved by April 30th ( I think) The usual trials and workouts will be different in these very strange times. Hope he lives his dream. Solid citizen. Another wonderful representative of VCU. Best of luck.

not sure what you mean by “down there”. Interesting And assuming he’s transferring from declaring for nba is also interesting. Maybe you declare to get evaluated to determine what you need to work on
Down there meaning on campus and in the gym, such to cause a team that was pre-season #1 to have such a poor season.

I understand why you declare for the draft and either leave your name in or take it out. I just don't think he's coming back to VCU. He could also go overseas and make some good money.

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
Sounds like he's going to transfer. Why else would he say that he was doing this "to make a final decision"? Wish him the best, but disappointing that the situation at VCU is not to his liking. Another reason to question what is going on down there.
Wow, that was what you got from that? He is talking about the NBA draft.

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
Down there meaning on campus and in the gym, such to cause a team that was pre-season #1 to have such a poor season.

I understand why you declare for the draft and either leave your name in or take it out. I just don't think he's coming back to VCU. He could also go overseas and make some good money.
No one is on campus and no one is in the gym.

RAMBALLFAN

Elite Member
He has NBA interest. A good amount of it. He's also due to graduate soon.
I wish him the best and if the time is right, I hope he finds a spot on a roster. If the timing isn’t right, I hope he decides to come back for his final season. This year has been wrought with so many “challenges” on so many fronts any amount of good news would be so very welcome.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
I wish him the best and if the time is right, I hope he finds a spot on a roster. If the timing isn’t right, I hope he decides to come back for his final season. This year has been wrought with so many “challenges” on so many fronts any amount of good news would be so very welcome.
His family both asks for and appreciates our support on his next step whatever it might be.

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
I'm guessing Marcus has informed Rhoades of exactly what he is planning on doing. We need Marcus and I think Marcus could certainly use us another year to work on the feedback he will receive during evaluations. Many players are doing this these days. Obi Toppin and Mamadi Diakite both did it last year and it worked well for both of them. It was reported that Obi was told he needed to improve his shooting range and he did. Assuming Marcus returns I imagine we will see him taking shots from a lot further out than anything we've ever seen. You cannot play in the NBA in this era without being able to score beyond 6 feet from the basket. Maybe some nba coaches can help improve his free throw shooting percentage.

I love Marcus and wish him the very best. I also think his time at VCU isn't over.