Players Marcus Santos-Silva

Mar 1, 2015
An NBA level forward would not would not have a bunch of seasons where his team struggles in our conference. Bones can get him the ball. I mean how many alley oops did we see Ward throw down in his very limited minutes?
I don’t think he is an NBA player. He can’t shoot at all, horrible mechanics. There have been many great shorter frontcourt players in the NBA, most are more explosive leapers. Like you eluded to, he plays mostly below the rim. He's a really good college player, and has been my favorite in his time here. Whatever he does, best of luck. If he comes back to college, he probably moves up a level, and should. The teams so so performance, the way he checked out as the season went on, and his tone makes me think we’ve seen his last game here.

Reactions: Celticguy and G-Man

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
If he doesn't develop an outside shot, he has no chance in any league. My gosh!!! Just watching his free throws has to have pro teams concerned!!! This kid is getting extremely bad advice.
Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone thinks he should be playing the 4 when his free throw shooting form alone isn't even close to consistent. He'd already be playing the 4 if he could shoot.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
I can definitely see the outline of an NBA player, although there's still a lot to fill in. Good luck to him! I expect he'll be back playing NCAA ball next year (if there's a next year), and I hope it's with VCU.

Apr 20, 2009
He can purchase a mirror and get great advice. If he is honest with himself. But to enter the Draft and test the waters??? Hahahahha April Fools

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
You got to have a dream to make a dream come true. If just one single NBA scout has told him to come to a camp for evaluation he would be nuts to turn it down. Writing down and verbalizing your goals is a time tested, proven marker of success in high achievers across all fields. I think his post and actions are very consistent for a guy that has passion and desire to be a professional athlete.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
I think it's more of a chalk outline from a crime scene.
A little more than that - maybe a suspect sketch? I'll grant it doesn't seem likely to me, especially since his best skill (rebounding) is currently pretty low on the list of things most front offices are looking for.

Reactions: ramfan84

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Posted this starting line-up on 3/22. Still a chance.

Baldwin
Bones
Watkins
Brown
Ward.
It might be the best time to start a near complete “reboot” of the team. We would be starting with a very solid foundation and could build on that. With that line-up we wouldn’t be the best team in the conference, but we wouldn’t be the worse either.

Reactions: connell and Newboy