Players Marcus Santos-Silva

Mar 2, 2014
My early prediction on 3 destinations where i think MSS could wind up if he doesn't come back here:

Syracuse
BC
LSU

Blow me up!

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
My early prediction on 3 destinations where i think MSS could wind up if he doesn't come back here:

Syracuse
BC
LSU

Blow me up!
Cuse likely returns entire team, but the thought of MSS in their matchup zone gave me a chuckle...thanks for that.

LSU returns their front court and has other studs coming in—i’m sure WW already lost their number and has salary cap challenges

BC is the perfect spot, close to home. They stink, but 20 years from now he could say he played in the ACC.

KentuckyRam

Insider
Jul 16, 2009
It might be the best time to start a near complete “reboot” of the team. We would be starting with a very solid foundation and could build on that. With that line-up we wouldn’t be the best team in the conference, but we wouldn’t be the worse either.
I would hope that we are able to replace good players like MSS and Mobley without a drop off. We need better players.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
He signed up to be evaluated by professional scouts, not to be roasted by RamNation. Not trashing him doesn't mean that you are pumping sunshine, just being respectful.
where has he been trashed. i think most of the non-glowing assessments have been pretty objective. His range, FTs, handles and m2m defense have been issues from the get go and remain so. What is the harm in people figuratively scratching their heads....

I’ll freely admit i find this whole thing baffling and honestly thought it was an April Fools joke. I do appreciate his effort and applaud the story around his physical improvement. No doubt, he has stepped up at times where other more talented teammates simply did not....all good. Also, no issues with someone checking things out for their career.

That said, i thought the nature of the IG post was a bit absurd for someone who was in contention for the A10 third team and it feels as if there is an ethos among some close to him that he has somehow “outplayed” the program or worse is being held back by it. So yeah, a little salty here on that count....but honestly believe this will work out better for the program, however it plays out.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
where has he been trashed. i think most of the non-glowing assessments have been pretty objective. His range, FTs, handles and m2m defense have been issues from the get go and remain so. What is the harm in people figuratively scratching their heads....

I’ll freely admit i find this whole thing baffling and honestly thought it was an April Fools joke. I do appreciate his effort and applaud the story around his physical improvement. No doubt, he has stepped up at times where other more talented teammates simply did not....all good. Also, no issues with someone checking things out for their career.

That said, i thought the nature of the IG post was a bit absurd for someone who was in contention for the A10 third team and it feels as if there is an ethos among some close to him that he has somehow “outplayed” the program or worse is being held back by it. So yeah, a little salty here on that count....but honestly believe this will work out better for the program, however it plays out.
I look at it more as a sign of times...social media has created a “look at me generation “ where every move you make should be chronicled.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
He signed up to be evaluated by professional scouts, not to be roasted by RamNation. Not trashing him doesn't mean that you are pumping sunshine, just being respectful.
Is he being trashed ? I don't think anything's g is being said about how game that wasn't all season long.

May 1, 2009
If he doesn't develop an outside shot, he has no chance in any league. My gosh!!! Just watching his free throws has to have pro teams concerned!!! This kid is getting extremely bad advice.
What bad advice has he been given? "Hey, you are a power down low for VCU. Perhaps you ought to go up for the draft but not lose your scholarship, so NBA talent scouts can evaluate you and provide you information on your strengths and weaknesses" You mean like that type of bad advice?

May 4, 2012
Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone thinks he should be playing the 4 when his free throw shooting form alone isn't even close to consistent. He'd already be playing the 4 if he could shoot.
Coaching coukd help that. If he doesnt go pro he coukd benefit fron a change of venue.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
What bad advice has he been given? "Hey, you are a power down low for VCU. Perhaps you ought to go up for the draft but not lose your scholarship, so NBA talent scouts can evaluate you and provide you information on your strengths and weaknesses" You mean like that type of bad advice?
Let's put things into perspective. In the last 15 years, VCU has now only had two players test the NBA waters after their junior years - Larry Sanders and now MSS. Juvonte Reddic didn't. Justin Tillman didn't. Both Reddic and Tillman had/have more complete games than MSS and still have not sniffed the NBA. And what if these NBA talent scouts tell MSS that he is not NBA material? How devastating is that to MSS going into his senior year?

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Let's put things into perspective. In the last 15 years, VCU has now only had two players test the NBA waters after their junior years - Larry Sanders and now MSS. Juvonte Reddic didn't. Justin Tillman didn't. Both Reddic and Tillman had/have more complete games than MSS and still have not sniffed the NBA. And what if these NBA talent scouts tell MSS that he is not NBA material? How devastating is that to MSS going into his senior year?
Devastating or motivating. Depends on the guy in charge of making that choice. Seeing what MSS has done, i’d bet my house on motivating