Players Marcus Santos-Silva

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
AA all good points. Your rationale applies to us all. If someone is going to evaluate you for any opportunity why not take it. If you are interested it at least gives you the opportunity of knowing 1 where you stand and 2. what you need to improve. You lose nothing in the process.

Plus the evaluation may be helpful to the kid and the program in that another set of eyes looks at their games and give it to them honestly without having to worry about hurting feelings of player or entourage.
I am not an expert, so pardon the ignorant questions. But does going through this process also help players make connections for overseas opportunities? I guess, what I'm asking is; are the Euro teams at the combines scouting? It would seem if this were true, it's a win/win/win for the player.

May 4, 2012
I am not an expert, so pardon the ignorant questions. But does going through this process also help players make connections for overseas opportunities? I guess, what I'm asking is; are the Euro teams at the combines scouting? It would seem if this were true, it's a win/win/win for the player.
Yup

Reactions: ISwamRam

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
This is a fair question because I am sure a lot of people don't know, Actual attendance includes GM's Coaches, scouts and ...The invitees
Last year the NBA combine had 66 players attend. 11 of those came from the pool of 80(40 potential draftees and 40 G-League players) that participated in the G League Elite combine. Not counting college seniors there are over 90 players already that have either declared or are in the testing the waters category. Point being that there are some people on the list that are going to get no more than the feedback from the Undergraduate Advisory
Committee.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I dont think there is a direct Euro connection. However, the more eyes you have and possible positive opinions you have does increase your chances. Again, I dont see a downside other than possibly getting hurt. But one could get hurt practicing.