Players Marcus Santos-Silva

IForgotTheAlamo

Top Member
Feb 8, 2012
Regarding parents being in his ear, I once chatted with one of Marcus' family friends who says his dad loves him a lot, but has extremely high expectations. He overheard him tell MSS that if he didn't make the Final Four, it would be a failure. I believe he mentioned a lot of pressure on Marcus to go to the NBA, too. Pretty sad because Marcus seems like such a nice guy.

May 4, 2012
Well this was expected for some of us.
I wish him well unless we happen to play wherever he winds up.

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
Regarding parents being in his ear, I once chatted with one of Marcus' family friends who says his dad loves him a lot, but has extremely high expectations. He overheard him tell MSS that if he didn't make the Final Four, it would be a failure. I believe he mentioned a lot of pressure on Marcus to go to the NBA, too. Pretty sad because Marcus seems like such a nice guy.
I expect that high work ethic and high expectations go hand-in-hand. The more I think, the more it makes sense for him to go be a role player on a team that's got very high expectations for next season.

I wish him well. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what these young guys can do.

Go Rams!

Reactions: dso1ramfan

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
I'd hope that isn't true.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
I now realize that some posters on here are snakes.

They love you until you do what best for your career.

They'll crap on your name, just because they disagree with your move.

It also has made me realize why certain people here are adamantly against college players getting paid for their name and likeness.

It has nothing to do with "keeping the integerity of amatur sports", it about control. Some of you want to control other young men. You want to control every aspect of their being. You want them to follow your every wish simply because you are a fan that pays for a season ticket.

Some of you here really need to look in the mirror and start to analyze yourself. Cause I see some really damaged people here.
Agree 100% And to make it worse, the guys who are questioning MSS's character and his family are some of the same people hyping Medley-Bacon. The inconsistency is glaring.

Feb 24, 2020
Agree 100% And to make it worse, the guys who are questioning MSS's character and his family are some of the same people hyping Medley-Bacon. The inconsistency is glaring.
The control of others is a crazy drug my friend. That's what this is all about. People who think they deserve control over other people's decisions and life simply because they pay for a season ticket.

These are probably the same people who don't abide by stay at home orders because "I have rights and freedom in this country".

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Congrats on the 2nd-hand character assassination of his father. It doesn't sound like you've ever even met the guy, but what the heck, go ahead and disparage him in a public forum. Great look!

RamDaddio

Top Member
Apr 18, 2015
The control of others is a crazy drug my friend. That's what this is all about. People who think they deserve control over other people's decisions and life simply because they pay for a season ticket.

These are probably the same people who don't abide by stay at home orders because "I have rights and freedom in this country".
Good job on "painting with a broad brush" and getting a political shot in too. smdh

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Good job on "painting with a broad brush" and getting a political shot in too. smdh
I guess controlling the narrative and controlling others opinion on a sports forum is additive as well.

He has every right to transfer and I have the right to express my opinion on the matter.

But you can count on the fact that I won’t be getting on my knees and thanking him for transferring after leading us to our worst season in 20 years.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

What in the world are you talking about!!! This is a message board. Message boards are driven by people's opinions. And for the record, many of us on these boards have done a lot more for this program than just "pay for a season ticket". Our financial contributions outside of paying for a season ticket help the athletic department meet their goals. In essence, we have a certain level of skin in the game. You come on the boards, get up on your box and condemn posters on these boards for expressing frustrations while, at the same time, the VCU athletic department is flooding our e-mail mailboxes with notices of re-seating this summer and increasing the level of giving in order to pay for those season tickets.

You are way off base in your analogy. RAF members are the financial backbone of this athletic department and are entitled to their opinions regarding the direction of the program. If anything, shame on you for thinking posters should be suppressed from sharing their opinions when it come to this program.

Apr 20, 2009
There are no dynasties in college basketball any longer. However, Cal has Kentucky competing for the national championship almost annually. All things considered, that’s not too bad.
They haven't made the Final 4 in 5 years. Thats hardly "competing for the N.C. almost annually. "