Massive deficits

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
My biggest beef has not been losing on the road to good teams, but getting KILLLLLED on the road to good teams. This is troubling...

at WSU: 18
at Dayton: 22
at Rhody: 29
v Mason: 17
at Richmond: 23
at SLU: 23

Those were the largest deficits during the games I could see from just scanning the game flow on espn.com. I can't recall any VCU team the past decade who has gotten that far down in that many games, but I'm probably wrong there. What's perhaps the most troubling is most of those games JUST HAPPENED. This late in the season and we look like we have no clue how to run an offense and have gotten to the point where we've forgotten how to defend as well. Just have never seen VCU embarrassed this much on so many nationally televised games. Just tough to watch.

Last edited:

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
My biggest beef has not been losing on the road to good teams, but getting KILLLLLED on the road to good teams. This is troubling...

Those were the largest deficits during the games I could see from just scanning the game flow on espn.com. I can't recall any VCU team the past decade who has gotten that far down in that many games, but I''m probably wrong there. What's perhaps the most troubling is most of those games JUST HAPPENED. This last in the season and we look like we have no clue how to run an offense and have gotten to the point where we've forgotten how to defend as well. Just have never seen VCU embarrassed this much on so many nationally televised games. Just tough to watch.
That’s the sign of a mentally weak team. This happening once or even twice is no big deal, but as much as it has shows the mental fragility of this team.

Scuffy McGee

Top Member
Jan 23, 2010
Been watching this program as long as I can remember. This version of the VCU Rams has given up. Double digit loss after double digit loss. What a joke. Not even competitive anymore.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011

Those were the largest deficits during the games I could see from just scanning the game flow on espn.com. I can't recall any VCU team the past decade who has gotten that far down in that many games, but I''m probably wrong there. What's perhaps the most troubling is most of those games JUST HAPPENED. This last in the season and we look like we have no clue how to run an offense and have gotten to the point where we've forgotten how to defend as well. Just have never seen VCU embarrassed this much on so many nationally televised games. Just tough to watch.
Out of curiosity, what would be your solution? Shorter bench, different lineups, different defense, allowing players to play early in the first half with 2 fouls?

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
@Ramdog we have not lost 4 games in a row since 2000. But who thought that we would go to Final Four in 2011? Stuff can happen and I love seeing Malik and Ivan on the floor! Not so much ME. We can do so much.

Reactions: dso1ramfan