Mike Rhoades legacy

Discussion in 'VCU Mens Basketball' started by DMM-92RAM, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Mistachill

Mistachill Legend Top Member

smh...freshman shouldn't perform as freshman? Now I know how it felt back in the day talking to guys claiming the earth was flat.

Ramlove81 likes this.
  2. AlienAiden

AlienAiden Legend Top Member

Like @MattRock said the other day. You are crazy. Actually, you are an embarrassment and should not even be allowed to spew your crap on here.

3. Tad Gordon

Tad Gordon Legend Top Member

MR has Mobley and Silva producing on a competitive level… Two bigs who weren't recruited for Havoc style of play… To say the freshmen aren't progressing through transition is just borderline trolling.

4. Valley drop step

Valley drop step Scholarship

Definitely the best way to measure a coach, their height

#274 Valley drop step, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    SwiftyClown likes this.
  5. RAMification

RAMification Legend Top Member

You guys are being too polite with respect to this guy(CG). He is a moronic A$sclown and colossal embarrassment to these boards and all of Ramnation for that matter. I've never seen him make a post that made any sense grammatically or in terms of content. The guy is basketball illiterate. He consistently hates on Mike and Justin. Justin has developed into one of the best big men to suit up for the Rams. He's essentially a lock for All A-10, and certainly in the conversation for POY. To hate on him is almost clinical.

Mike has Sean and MSS playing competitively and has unlocked Justin's three-ball game. The last time I looked those guys were all bigs.

6. VCU77

VCU77 Scholarship Top Member

I went to the rally when coach Rhoades and his family came back to Richmond. I teared up as I saw his kids and family came to the stadge at the SC.

When Wade left, and Shaka before him left....I felt we needed someone to come who wanted to be here. We needed consistency. We needed a Coach Few. We can recruit. We have swag. We have passion.

We are blessed to now have a coach and players who want to be here.

I am all in. Ramnation or no Nation.

7. duncanlamb

duncanlamb Legend Top Member

I think all our bigs have developed quite nicely.

SPI-DA1, Ramlove81, SWV and 3 others like this.
  8. duncanlamb

duncanlamb Legend Top Member

I feel like we are on the cusp of game where all thsee guys go off at the same time amd we see them score 90+ against an a10 team.

SPI-DA1 and mrgeode like this.
  9. mrgeode

mrgeode Top Tuna Top Member

"There is no sin save stupidity."

SWV likes this.
  10. SwiftyClown

SwiftyClown Legend Top Member

I was there too. It was great. It was what everybody needed to hear. I hope it wasn't just a speech.

11. SwiftyClown

SwiftyClown Legend Top Member

I'm of the opinion MSS should be playing much more. He just brings it and also brings something we lack- size, rebounding, hustle and rim protection.

Regarding CG, he wasn't always like this. I assume he fell of the bandwagon this summer and just comes to complain now.

mrgeode likes this.
  12. Celticguy

Celticguy Hall of Famer

Yes, quality guys developing at an appropriate pace.

13. VCU85

VCU85 Hall of Famer

You really do type some silly *ss sh*t. I'm sorry but it needs to be said.

"The odd 3" ??! He's averaging double doubles every game, and scoring 20 or more doing it. He's in contention for A-10 POY, and will surely be first team. Yeah, yer right, nothing there at all to see as growth.

The fact that Silva's drawing the attention of coaches who put 2 players on a freshman to stop him speaks volumes. That you're maybe basketball deaf is the reason you can't grasp the concept.

#283 VCU85, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  14. ramgrad05

ramgrad05 Scholarship Top Member

I agree with you. In games when KL struggles a bit, MSS fills in very well. I see shades of Mo in him with his physicality. He simply cannot be pushed around and he is only going to get stronger. He has good hands and he makes smart decisions. That can also be said about SM.

There are times when I am critical of Coach Rhoades, but none of that falls on his young player development. Not that I am an aficionado by any means, but I see great strides in their play and am very excited about seeing them earn more playing time.

SwiftyClown and mrgeode like this.
  15. Ramlove81

Ramlove81 Legend Top Member

RTD article April 10, 2041, if they are still printing then (maybe just on-line whatever that will look like): Headline: Long time VCU coach Mike Rhoades retiring after 24 years as head coach.
    After 24 consecutive 20 win seasons 14 A10 championships, 3 final fours, a national championship, building a new 14,000 seat arena on campus and continuing a sellout streak approaching 30 years, Coach (as he is affectionately known throughout the Richmond area) has announced his retirement. "It's time," he said to a packed news conference. "I've been doing this a long time now, we've accomplished things only a few diehard VCU fans ever expected, the program is in great shape with 4 junior starters returning for their senior year and a great recruiting class coming in. I have had a great ride for 24 years now and it's time to get off and let someone else get on."
    The original question was about the Rhoades legacy, wasn't it. My take.