Mike Rhoades - new head VCU Basketball coach - "ALL RHOADES LEAD HOME"

SZQ VCU

Insider
Dec 5, 2012
I would like to break from the action for a moment to say thank you to the moderators that have given us this great forum and freedom to come to one place where we can share our frustrations, glee, anger and all other thoughts and feelings with other Ram fans about the state of VCU basketball. Truly cathartic.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.
Hey, we didn't crash it!!! Well done #Ramnation!

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I would like to break from the action for a moment to say thank you to the moderators that have given us this great forum and freedom to come to one place where we can share our frustrations, glee, anger and all other thoughts and feelings with other Ram fans about the state of VCU basketball. Truly cathartic.
Great post. Deserves its own thread

IForgotTheAlamo

Top Member
Feb 8, 2012
I would also like to add that we played the VCU assistant coaches in intramural flag football (in 2012 I think), and Will Wade was their quarterback. He was super pompous and rubbed us the wrong way. He actually had a quarterback-style wristband with plays on it. And we were just some half-drunk upperclassmen who were watching NFL all day. It's just like, okay we get it dude, you're competitive but come on -- get a life.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
People have often thrown around the word basketball savant when talking about Coach Wade. Maybe it's good for us to remember that savants very often are challenged with personal relationships. I wondered sometimes whether WW's life style of very little sleep, work all the time, etc. would translate to 18 year olds once they got here. Maybe it didn't. OK I'll speculate no more. I hope he does well and has a good life in spite of how he left here. BTW, this make Shaka's leaving look really good!

Apr 15, 2010
I would also like to add that we played the VCU assistant coaches in intramural flag football (in 2012 I think), and Will Wade was their quarterback. He was super pompous and rubbed us the wrong way. He actually had a quarterback-style wristband with plays on it. And we were just some half-drunk upperclassmen who were watching NFL all day. It's just like, okay we get it dude, you're competitive but come on -- get a life.
+1. Was a victim of this too.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Yes, me too, thank you for this and all the hard work that goes into RAMnation.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
He never looks that into games. Shows up late with his family and a bucket of popcorn. Doesn't cheer that much. Leaves early. He's busy and I can forgive all of that... but he's also an aisle walker.
FWIW Rao was in the Bahamas for Atlantis, and he came up to a bunch of fans (me included) and personally thanked us for spending the money to come and support the school and the team. He seemed really involved that weekend and VERY approachable/thankful for the fans.

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
We may not realize it yet, but we got an upgrade in the coaching department.
Hey, you got a like from Tad (I never got one, :lol:)...... that speaks volumes too.

Tad, I wrote a few weeks ago that I thought you did not like wee willy. I am sure you are busting at the seams to tell the real story.... but I know this is not the place....