Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Are we using a new camera this year or has the lighting been decreased in the media room...or has the location for pressers changed? There is a whole lotta noise (film noise, not sound noise) in the video. And speaking of noise.....the sound is pretty weak too.
Perhaps it is the new media guy we supposedly have...it can be a steep learning curve.....but video has taking a big step back this year IMO. And that includes the TV broadcast - sound was awful again for the game.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Are we using a new camera this year or has the lighting been decreased in the media room...or has the location for pressers changed? There is a whole lotta noise (film noise, not sound noise) in the video. And speaking of noise.....the sound is pretty weak too.
Perhaps it is the new media guy we supposedly have...it can be a steep learning curve.....but video has taking a big step back this year IMO. And that includes the TV broadcast - sound was awful again for the game.
Sound for the coach is pretty good. They are trying to get the questions too, and the reporters aren't miked up, so it is a challenge

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
Thanks @rollins77. Do you know if we still record and post the opposing coach’s press conference?
It depends. As long as we stay in the top 25 The AP will have a writer at the game, and he's required to get quotes from both teams -- so it makes sense to continue to bring in opposing coach. Same if the opposing team has a beat writer travel. We'll bring them in as long as someone in the media requests it. We did not record or post the opposing coach's presser to our YouTube last game. We may revisit that moving forward.

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
Location is the same. Lighting is perhaps a little different. I can't speak to the nature of the equipment. Not sure what "film noise" is. We've got some new people in new roles, so I think there's some trial and error going on. The TV broadcast is outside my purview, but we'll continue to share the feedback we receive.

Reactions: Ululating Daddy

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Location is the same. Lighting is perhaps a little different. I can't speak to the nature of the equipment. Not sure what "film noise" is. We've got some new people in new roles, so I think there's some trial and error going on. The TV broadcast is outside my purview, but we'll continue to share the feedback we receive.
I always sync the TV broadcast with Mike and Robby so I can't comment on the audio, but MASN habitually switches away from its "normal" broadcast way, way, way late, this year and last. WAY late. Like, in some cases (like StF) you enter the b'cast WHILE PLAY IS UNDERWAY.

Again, I know this isn't your job, but someone in the AD needs to have a word with them about that. It's like whoever is in charge of the switchover is out smoking a bowl instead of watching what is going on.

Rant over.

• Haha
Reactions: BradRamFan and SWV

RAM_IT

Top Member
Aug 19, 2013
Hey coach, put Corey and Hason in the game if you want more rebounds :)

But seriously that's my biggest concern we play small ball and get beat up on the free balls and bunny baskets.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Hey coach, put Corey and Hason in the game if you want more rebounds :)

But seriously that's my biggest concern we play small ball and get beat up on the free balls and bunny baskets.
Most of the rebounds North Texas pulled down were from guards and forwards crashing the glass. In my opinion, guys like Williams, Simms, Vann and Jenkins have to help more on the glass.

Reactions: PRock