Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

May 19, 2015
I think I heard a different tone from Coach Rhoades than some of you. I did not hear him throw any player under the bus. I don't think anyone on this board was ever taken to task about being disappointed in the two losses and how these games were ours to lose. It was more of the insult that some were very specifically suggesting players were at fault for the loss, and lets replace this one and that one, there has been no improvement whatsoever in this team, yada yada yada BS. The board is open for the negative and the positive posts. But it sure does stink when you have to read from some that our MBB program has a terminal illness. There is a huge difference in the expressions of disappointments by many versus the absolutely degrading statements made by few that is too difficult to take without rebutting.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
If this guy posted this stuff on this site he would get ripped apart ;)
You are correct. However, since it is the Coach who made the statement it will be lauded. Fwiw, I agree. Not because Mike made the statement. Because that is what I see as well. I saw it in the LSU game and these past two as well.

Good thing is we are 6-2 even with the lapses we are two last second shots from winning or OT. It early, the guys are bright and veteran players, Mike is a good HC they will figure it out and they will be better for this experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ululating Daddy

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
If this guy posted this stuff on this site he would get ripped apart ;)
Your right. The mature tone, the lack of panic, the understanding that the season is a marathon and not a sprint, the measured criticism without acting like the sky is falling would thoroughly get ripped.

We value overreaction in these parts! :D

Last edited: