Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

May 19, 2015
For once, I would like to hear Coach pull the equivalent of a Tom Izzo defense in the Michigan Times of his team where he said he was sick of dealing with Michigan State fans saying the players played a crappy game because of their recent losses. He would rather buy their season tickets from them. He said it was despicable some of the things he read about his guys that have given more to their program than most of the alums or most people sitting behind a chicken keyboard. I can only imagine what he was reading based on what I have read on these boards. I'm just wondering if Coach would take such a strong position. I remember when he was giving a post-game presser and a reporter asked Coach a question that made it sound like we should have won by more points than we did and Coach said something along the lines of, "I thought we won", "didn't we win the game". Then he quickly apologized for his curt response and stated that people are not satisfied with a win, they were expecting a win with a large point spread so this disappoints fans.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Mike very forthcoming last night...said he was mad for sometime after the URI game with the kids effort. Also said he is playing Bones as many minutes as his body will allow.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Mike very forthcoming last night...said he was mad for sometime after the URI game with the kids effort. Also said he is playing Bones as many minutes as his body will allow.
With regard to Bones, did you interpret that to mean going forward, or he is already playing him that much?

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
With regard to Bones, did you interpret that to mean going forward, or he is already playing him that much?
he said they have noticed that when he hits a certain level of fatigue, he has trouble keeping his man in front of him. As he gets stronger physically, would be less reliant on his wind to stay in front and better able to use overall strength. I don’t think we’ll see a significant uptick in minutes in the near future....my take anyway.