Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
This really ticks me off. No way they could have thought he was ready to play in the last game. He's further hurting himself and the team when he plays hurt.
Yeah, I definitely would have vetoed him playing in the SLU game, although I don't think it would have changed the outcome. It might have been better to sit him against SLU and play him against UMass if they're working to rehab him through playing time.

Last edited:

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Yeah, I definitely would have vetoed him playing in the SLU game, although I don't think it would have changed the outcome. It might have been better to sit him against SLU and play him against UMass if they're working to rehab him through playing time.
I don't think it would have changed the outcome either. But if he's hurt, he needs to heal.

KentuckyRam

Insider
Jul 16, 2009
Remember, we do have Tre Clark as our third PG behind Evans and Bones, and he's not too shabby so far despite limited minutes. He'll be tested on Wednesday, I expect him to get substantial minutes, especially if Bones doesn't start (probably backing up Crowfield at point if we run him there).
Give it to Clark and see what he can do. Nothing to lose at this point.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
The positive for the long-term is that it means lots of minutes for Clark, McCallister and Ward. These are valuable real minutes, not garbage time minutes, that these kids will be playing late in the season. That is important for them and their development.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
The positive for the long-term is that it means lots of minutes for Clark, McCallister and Ward. These are valuable real minutes, not garbage time minutes, that these kids will be playing late in the season. That is important for them and their development.
All three of them have shown some glimmers of brilliance. These next couple of games or so will be key for them, especially for Clark and Ward with Bones limited/possibly out and Douglas definitely out.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Also ample opportunities to evaluate their level...as harsh as it sounds this program needs to upgrade in several areas. Here’s your chance to show what you can do against lower level A10 competition. Hope they all look like keepers.