Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

May 19, 2015
For? …… Um, being passionate? When Auburn was down by 17 at halftime the other day ….. Pearl went in the locker room and questioned their manhood..... they came back to win. Now, I am not advocating that MR act like a jackass, but would like to see some fire sometime, maybe he does it behind closed doors, I don't know. I mean Grant is pretty level, but darn, that look and stare says a 1000 words and if he were to get mad and raise his voice, I would not want to be in the locker room, so I guess it takes all kinds.
I do not want our Coach to act like that nut case, freak willie or the bobby knight types? I'm ok with the Anthony Grant stare that says a million words. In fact, he scares the heck out of me. The Michigan coach, freak willie, bobby knight and others look like a joke and most people lose all respect for people that make public displays of themselves.

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
I'm really surprised that the coach did not offer some small insights to this 5 game losing streak through his show. To me, it seems irresponsible and tone deaf.
Good point. So it must be one of three things:

1.) MR has no idea or plan to “right the ship” so he couldn’t offer up anything at the presser.

2.) MR can’t share what is going on behind the scenes that would explain the Fordham like basketball effort as of late.

3.) MR has a super secret master plan to make us all look like idiots, and wins the A-10 tourney.

I’m hoping it’s #3, but my gut says #1.

May 19, 2015
Its the Elephant in the room. It's Mike's show and he should have coordinated before to be sure the commentator/announcer asked him that question.
or not. Maybe it is a subject matter that is not about the x's and o's, but rather, something internal within the team that is personal and unable to be spoken.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
or not. Maybe it is a subject matter that is not about the x's and o's, but rather, something internal within the team that is personal and unable to be spoken.
I get it but there are ways to address issue and provide the public with the information they crave without giving out all the details. Business people do it all the time. Its really not that difficult.

Reactions: connell

ShoeSh1ne

Insider
Mar 7, 2009
Is there a worse website on the internet than the Fox Sports 910 one? I go to the page where I'm supposed to be able to listen to the show and I'm greeted with nothing but ads and auto play videos. No media player with the show is even on the page.

SZQ VCU

Insider
Dec 5, 2012
Good point. So it must be one of three things:

1.) MR has no idea or plan to “right the ship” so he couldn’t offer up anything at the presser.

2.) MR can’t share what is going on behind the scenes that would explain the Fordham like basketball effort as of late.

3.) MR has a super secret master plan to make us all look like idiots, and wins the A-10 tourney. :lol:

I’m hoping it’s #3, but my gut says #1.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I do not want our Coach to act like that nut case, freak willie or the bobby knight types? I'm ok with the Anthony Grant stare that says a million words. In fact, he scares the heck out of me. The Michigan coach, freak willie, bobby knight and others look like a joke and most people lose all respect for people that make public displays of themselves.
And yet, the vast majority of the guys who played for Bob Knight love him dearly. Different time now, though. Not sure his style could last a full season in today's world. Even Bob Huggins has toned it down over the years.