Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Wonder why he can’t comment on if it was a false positive. Seems like he could do so without having to name names. Odd.

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
My employer blocks twitter on the office computers. I can't see any of these updates. Could anybody summarize the updates today?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
My employer blocks twitter on the office computers. I can't see any of these updates. Could anybody summarize the updates today?
Mike Rhoades says he can’t talk about specifics of the COVID-19 protocol, but #VCU did everything that it was supposed to. Found out last night they could resume. @NBC12

Rhoades says Saturday was the only day #VCU could not do anything. Extremely disappointed to have missed a game. @NBC12

Rhoades says Sunday was a scheduled off-day so they really only missed Saturday. Bummed that happened to be a game day.

VCU coach Mike Rhoades said the team missed all day Saturday and got word late last night that it got clearance to resume. He can't comment on whether it could've been a false positive. "Guys were bummed out ... but we are relieved and excited to get back on the court today."

Mike Rhoades took us through the last few days to start out today's media availability. #VCU wasn't paused for long, but the team was bummed out to miss Saturday's game, obviously. Rhoades couldn't comment whether testing was false positive, thought it would appear so. @NBC12

VCU HC Mike Rhoades says the @A10MBB is in charge of the schedule as to whether or not Saturday's game with @DavidsonMBB can be made up. Also said having a short pause can be a good warning message about taking COVID protocols seriously, which they have @VCU_Hoops @CBS6

Rhoades on NET rankings: "I don't think it matters on January 4th. The players know but I don't talk about it. What can we control? If you win the next one, your numbers get better" Rams are 31st in NET rankings, highest in the state @VCU_Hoops @CBS6

On the question of a false positive: "I can't even talk about that, because of the protocol and our guidelines and all that stuff. What I did was I talked to our trainers, our administration and our doctors. And our doctors ran the show and took those steps there. ...

And we just followed that as a staff, which we've been doing since we got back June 5."

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
Mike Rhoades says he can’t talk about specifics of the COVID-19 protocol, but #VCU did everything that it was supposed to. Found out last night they could resume. @NBC12

Rhoades says Saturday was the only day #VCU could not do anything. Extremely disappointed to have missed a game. @NBC12

Rhoades says Sunday was a scheduled off-day so they really only missed Saturday. Bummed that happened to be a game day.

VCU coach Mike Rhoades said the team missed all day Saturday and got word late last night that it got clearance to resume. He can't comment on whether it could've been a false positive. "Guys were bummed out ... but we are relieved and excited to get back on the court today."

Mike Rhoades took us through the last few days to start out today's media availability. #VCU wasn't paused for long, but the team was bummed out to miss Saturday's game, obviously. Rhoades couldn't comment whether testing was false positive, thought it would appear so. @NBC12

VCU HC Mike Rhoades says the @A10MBB is in charge of the schedule as to whether or not Saturday's game with @DavidsonMBB can be made up. Also said having a short pause can be a good warning message about taking COVID protocols seriously, which they have @VCU_Hoops @CBS6

Rhoades on NET rankings: "I don't think it matters on January 4th. The players know but I don't talk about it. What can we control? If you win the next one, your numbers get better" Rams are 31st in NET rankings, highest in the state @VCU_Hoops @CBS6

On the question of a false positive: "I can't even talk about that, because of the protocol and our guidelines and all that stuff. What I did was I talked to our trainers, our administration and our doctors. And our doctors ran the show and took those steps there. ...
And we just followed that as a staff, which we've been doing since we got back June 5."
thank you!