Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Hey @SWV, do you know what your friends ended up getting for their bottle? I’m guessing it wasn’t the 12 year if it cost them $200.
I won the lottery for Pappy 12 year old this year picked up the bottle same day I got the email:)

On one hand, at the rate I consume it I’ll likely be good to the end times.

On the other hand, the $85 it cost could turn into $1000 plus (I’ve seen the 12 year actually sell on eBay for $1000).

On the third hand, I still have about a third of an open bottle so no hurry!

🥃
..the Blantons tastes just fine

Reactions: VCU74

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Hey @SWV, do you know what your friends ended up getting for their bottle? I’m guessing it wasn’t the 12 year if it cost them $200.
I won the lottery for Pappy 12 year old this year picked up the bottle same day I got the email:)

On the other hand, the $85 it cost could turn into $1000 plus (I’ve seen the 12 year actually sell on eBay for $1000).

🥃
We think they ended up not selling; they had the 20-year. I don’t know if they have opened it yet, either. My husband said if you can get $1000, sell, sell, sell! 🙂

Last edited:

thelonious_chunk

Top Member
Jun 17, 2014
If you’re close to spending a grand on Sazerac Company bourbon, consider William Larue Weller. For my taste, it is better than the pappy 12 or 15, or the ORVW 10 yr.

Reactions: 757RamFan

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
If you’re close to spending a grand on Sazerac Company bourbon, consider William Larue Weller. For my taste, it is better than the pappy 12 or 15, or the ORVW 10 yr.
Weller is very, very nice.....starting to get a little pappy like in terms of finance bros buying up cases, but still can be had reasonably.

Reactions: thelonious_chunk

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Weller is very, very nice.....starting to get a little pappy like in terms of finance bros buying up cases, but still can be had reasonably.
Finance bros... Why can't they just stick to tulips like the good ol' days...

Reactions: artRAMinMN

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016

🥃
We won the 20 year two years ago and sold it to a guy I know for $1,200. It will go for $2k or more for a real sucker, but we funded a good bit of lasts years bourbon collection with that sale, it was $250 for the 20 yr reserve

Never been a Pappy fan, too spicy peppeery, it's more like a rye to me and the cost is stoopid.

Last edited:

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
We won the 20 year two years ago and sold it to a guy I know for $1,200. It will go for $2k or more for a real sucker, but we funded a good bit of lasts years bourbon collection with that sale, it was $250 for the 20 yr reserve

Never been a Pappy fan, too spicy peppeery, it's more like a rye to me and the cost is stoopid.
There’s always someone with more $than me if I want to get rid of it.

I really like it, since the days when it was a regular on the abc shelves…

Reactions: VCU85

Newgate Prison

Top Member
Aug 1, 2012
68D3A605-DA95-425B-B484-23FCCF25ADD5.jpeg
To the left of the ladder and seven rows up are each of the splendid Pappys. But equally delicious and more rare are a series of bottles above them. Orphan Barrels... Blowhard, Barterhouse, Lost Prophet, Forged Oak, Foragers Keep and Rhetoric.

One of the reasons I was hired was because Mac needed a bartender he could trust with all of his babies. Jack and Jim were the only familiar names for me. Every now and then I was permitted to sample the goods to understand the rave. My wallet keeps screaming Jack and Jim as I take twenty minutes in the brown isle every time I walk into a liquor store.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
View attachment 9509
To the left of the ladder and seven rows up are each of the splendid Pappys. But equally delicious and more rare are a series of bottles above them. Orphan Barrels... Blowhard, Barterhouse, Lost Prophet, Forged Oak, Foragers Keep and Rhetoric.

One of the reasons I was hired was because Mac needed a bartender he could trust with all of his babies. Jack and Jim were the only familiar names for me. Every now and then I was permitted to sample the goods to understand the rave. My wallet keeps screaming Jack and Jim as I take twenty minutes in the brown isle every time I walk into a liquor store.
I saw him the other day. They made him move his entire spot down 20 feet, I believe Mac was saying.