Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

VAHills

Elite Member
Insider
I made it out to the show last night. It was a small crowd. Still fun though. Nothing too inciteful, other than some further discussion around COVID protocols and that there are a couple of players that are not vaccinated so they have some additional rigor to go through on a daily basis related to protocols for them (no names mentioned). That discussion I think was in the first segment of the show.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I made it out to the show last night. It was a small crowd. Still fun though. Nothing too inciteful, other than some further discussion around COVID protocols and that there are a couple of players that are not vaccinated so they have some additional rigor to go through on a daily basis related to protocols for them (no names mentioned). That discussion I think was in the first segment of the show.
You gotta be kidding me.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Really surprised to hear that vaccinations aren't required. I know they are at Mason
VCU reports 97.4 percent of students and 89 percent of adults are in compliance with current vaccine or exemption rules.

VCU required students and employees to submit vaccination records or request a medical or religious exemption, heading into the fall semester.

“Students and employees with an approved medical or religious exemption are required to report for surveillance testing and complete daily health checks,” VCU said.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Its the beth o'boyle show.

VCU reports 97.4 percent of students and 89 percent of adults are in compliance with current vaccine or exemption rules.

VCU required students and employees to submit vaccination records or request a medical or religious exemption, heading into the fall semester.

“Students and employees with an approved medical or religious exemption are required to report for surveillance testing and complete daily health checks,” VCU said.
VCU deviated in September from what most major Va Universities were doing by not removing students that did not get vaccinated or request a religious or medical exemption
below is what the RTD reported
"Like other colleges, VCU told its students they are required to be vaccinated. But unlike other colleges in the state, VCU has not withdrawn noncompliant students. As of last week, there were 450 students on campus who did not have a vaccine or a religious or medical exemption, a school spokesperson said. Those students have holds on their accounts, which means they cannot add or drop classes, and they can’t register for classes next semester." (source RTD)
will be interesting to see if the unvaccinated basketball players fall into the group with medical or religious exemptions or if they are in the 450 non compliant , who were not removed but unable to register for classes next semester (assuming President Rao doesn't change policy again for non compliant) My guess is president Rao deviated because 450 student loss would be a big financial hit to the university budget (which we could debate but motivation is understandable)

update friday - RTD wrote VCU enrollment down 2%, which equates to a nearly $8 million financial budget hit - So if they did not deviate from policy the enrollment decline would have been almost 4% and budget hit nearly $15-16 million. So this makes more sense on why Dr Rao deviated (bobbed and weaved) -

Go Rams

Last edited:

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
all of his back story around the time leading up to the South Dakota tournament last year was really interesting to hear