Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

Wayne Epps Jr.
@wayneeppsjr

Jayden Nunn had an early career-high 11 points, playing through a knee injury suffered Saturday. Rhoades, on Nunn's night: "He really didn't have much, probably shouldn't have played. But I was really proud of him."

He did not have much? Really?
If last night was not having much, I can't wait to see how he performs when he has a lot.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Some of those turnovers were ridiculous. I rewatched it this morning. Ugh.
So did Curry step out of bounds or not? I swear when they called it he was fine but maybe that's because of a late whistle.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
So did Curry step out of bounds or not? I swear when they called it he was fine but maybe that's because of a late whistle.
Not sure. I did not notice it. One thing I did notice was how fired up the bench would get and Ace right there in the mix of it. That guy wants to win so bad. Cannot wait until he is back.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
Not sure. I did not notice it. One thing I did notice was how fired up the bench would get and Ace right there in the mix of it. That guy wants to win so bad. Cannot wait until he is back.

Ace also calls out things he sees to the assistant coaches quite a bit. I hope he has seen the last of his major injuries for the remainder of his basketball career, as you said he just WANTS it more than anyone else and it is so easy to see.

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
We must lead the nation in guys stepping out of bounds in the corners. Seems to happen 4 or 5 times each game.

No kidding. These lines, so straight and everything. Always in the same place. Who do they think they are?
This is me watching games this season:

68343708.jpg

Ramdog

Elite Member
We must lead the nation in guys stepping out of bounds in the corners. Seems to happen 4 or 5 times each game.
I’m telling you...someone needs to measure the court in the BDC

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
I think Banks has done it at least 3 times so far. He takes a small step back before he shoots and there just isn't enough room in that corner to do that. The way Vandy's court is painted in their lines are marked was kind of throwing me off as a viewer, so I can understand it happening last night. Definitely need to clean up the turnovers though. You can't be a poor offensive team and limit your possessions like that.

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
Ace also calls out things he sees to the assistant coaches quite a bit. I hope he has seen the last of his major injuries for the remainder of his basketball career, as you said he just WANTS it more than anyone else and it is so easy to see.
I could hear him during the Wagner game and he was calling some stuff out directly to the players. You could tell he was very frustrated as that game was starting to slip away. I can't wait to have him back on the court.