Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
Are you going? My brother went to JMU's Coaches Caravan for the football program. He told me it was all about helping with NIL and donating money. I wonder if these will be the same. My brother said the only thing they did not do was pass a collection plate. Ha!
Yeah, I am going to go to the 4:00 event in Midlothian. Anyone else?

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
How is the mall doing?
Terrible. There are some plans, however.
As Mike says they have plans. There is now a fitness center in the front. They are building a new Henrico Arena out back. They plan to do what they are doing with Regency now. Apartments and an "urban" walkable style area. Oh and the area surrounding the mall is busy so once they get the old Va Center Commons re-imagined it will thrive.

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
As Mike says they have plans. There is now a fitness center in the front. They are building a new Henrico Arena out back. They plan to do what they are doing with Regency now. Apartments and an "urban" walkable style area. Oh and the area surrounding the mall is busy so once they get the old Va Center Commons re-imagined it will thrive.
I think something similar has been discussed with South Park Mall as well. If it works out I guess it is better than having to demolish the buildings and start over.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I think something similar has been discussed with South Park Mall as well. If it works out I guess it is better than having to demolish the buildings and start over.
South Park . . . Mall?

Qjmw7o.gif

Ramcounter

Elite Member
Will the new 4K seat Henrico arena have the ability to have the bleachers retracted to allow for multiple courts being used at one time? The news stories I found didn’t really make it clear.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Will the new 4K seat Henrico arena have the ability to have the bleachers retracted to allow for multiple courts being used at one time? The news stories I found didn’t really make it clear.
It looks like it will.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
So was the coaches show tonight or is it tomorrow? 910 the fan has squirrel baseball on and the VCU app had it listed as June 9th.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Kinda weird in that many years ago they built malls to service the community. Now they are having to build communities around a mall to service the mall. Urban planning has been turned inside out.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Kinda weird in that many years ago they built malls to service the community. Now they are having to build communities around a mall to service the mall. Urban planning has been turned inside out.
I dunno, market squares/streets have been a thing for a long while. Less so with the advent of malls and sprawl, but maybe they'll make a comeback.