Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
It looks like it will.
I'm guessing the plan is for Henrico County to ultimately move graduations and bigger basketball games to this facility?

SteveMM

Elite Member
I'm guessing the plan is for Henrico County to ultimately move graduations and bigger basketball games to this facility?
That's exactly what I've heard. Plus, they can host basketball leagues as well as futsal (indoor soccer played on a basketball court) leagues with multiple games being played at once.

That's exactly what I've heard. Plus, they can host basketball leagues as well as futsal (indoor soccer played on a basketball court) leagues with multiple games being played at once.
Took a peak. Lots of dirt turned. Rebar and laying concrete. A long long way to go.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Took a peak. Lots of dirt turned. Rebar and laying concrete. A long long way to go.
I think the supply chain issues have slowed things. I went out for the steel delivery months ago and this morning we had a drone out there getting footage of them laying the concrete.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Robby must be busy. Still has not uploaded the show.
I thought I read it was going to be broadcast on the radio.

giphy.gif

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
I believed they taped it yesterday to air on the radio today so I'm guessing that they won't upload it to the podcast network until after today.
Ass-backward strategy in 2022 if you ask me…..go live, podcast it and then sound bite it to death on radio and twitter. Who is the media guy, Don Draper?

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
Ass-backward strategy in 2022 if you ask me…..go live, podcast it and then sound bite it to death on radio and twitter. Who is the media guy, Don Draper?
I would assume it has more to do with contractual obligations. They want the audience to be as big as possible for the radio broadcast.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
Coach was asked who are some current guys that could make the next step to the nba. He said Jamir based on his frame and skill, Fats for the same reason. Ace cuz he’s Ace and…some “younger guys, and…..Brandon Johns. Found that interesting

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Coach was asked who are some current guys that could make the next step to the nba. He said Jamir based on his frame and skill, Fats for the same reason. Ace cuz he’s Ace and…some “younger guys, and…..Brandon Johns. Found that interesting
Johns played behind NBA talent all four years at UM and had moments where he was first choice.….and all he did was be a great teammate and stepped up when asked. People are going to absolutely love the guy.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
Johns played behind NBA talent all four years at UM and had moments where he was first choice.….and all he did was be a great teammate and stepped up when asked. People are going to absolutely love the guy.
All I’ve read about him is how hard of a worker, how great of a teammate, and coachable of a player he was at Michigan

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
IIRC you have some affinity for Michigan, right? If you're high on him it bodes well