Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

About 15-20 fans tonight at BW3s for the coaches show. Jayden Nunn and JJ both came and Robby interviewed each of them. Recapped the opener and talked about morgan state some. Sound was a little distorted at times but for the most part it was good. Mike mentioned that
Tarique signed today so he is on board ! I spoke with Robby about trying to setup view in watch parties possibly at BW3s and he said he would work on it and get back to me. They have a good setup there to watch the games.

VCUBusiness

Elite Member
I am not encouraged by the fact that he didn't really have an answer to the question "What, specifically, are you doing to address the issues?"

HBK

Elite Member
I am not encouraged by the fact that he didn't really have an answer to the question "What, specifically, are you doing to address the issues?"
Very, very few coaches, if any, really give specifics in an press conference as it relates to strategy and how they are working with players on improving.

HBK

Elite Member
Key takeaway is stop with the hero ball and make plays for your teammates.
Everyone could see it in the Memphis game. Ball movement was lacking.

We are very lucky to have Ace. People sometimes underestimate the importance of a facilitator. Ace is a natural PG. Nunn is not. I think Zeb has potential to be a PG, but he, like Nunn, is more of a score-first guard. That's where we miss Ace the most: getting good looks for his teammates and keeping the ball moving. There is a difference between getting teammates a look and getting them a GOOD look. Ace excels at getting good looks for the other guys.

Everyone could see it in the Memphis game. Ball movement was lacking.

We are very lucky to have Ace. People sometimes underestimate the importance of a facilitator. Ace is a natural PG. Nunn is not. I think Zeb has potential to be a PG, but he, like Nunn, is more of a score-first guard. That's where we miss Ace the most: getting good looks for his teammates and keeping the ball moving. There is a difference between getting teammates a look and getting them a GOOD look. Ace excels at getting good looks for the other guys.
Couldn't agree more. Nunn can do it. He showed flashes of it last season. That's what has to be frustrating for MR. He's got players, returning players, that for whatever reason just aren't making the right plays. Making the game a lot harder than it needs to be.

Reactions: HBK