Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Biggest takeaway:

KeShawn is much improved according to Coach Rhoades. Looking for big things this year. Hard work pays off Mr Curry. Go get you some!
This has been stated by a number of people....players and coaches. I really hope it's true and that he gets more court time during games. From the little bits he got to play last year it looks as if he has some really nifty skills that could give us an edge against the competition.

Mcuff

Top Member
Jul 27, 2017
This has been stated by a number of people....players and coaches. I really hope it's true and that he gets more court time during games. From the little bits he got to play last year it looks as if he has some really nifty skills that could give us an edge against the competition.
Rhoades mentioned that Simms has been practicing at the 4 spot, that could potentially open up some minutes for Curry on the wing. Can't wait to see how much he has improved!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Rhoades mentioned that Simms has been practicing at the 4 spot, that could potentially open up some minutes for Curry on the wing. Can't wait to see how much he has improved!
It looks like both simms and macallister will be getting minutes at the 3 and 4 spot (platooning with vince).

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
No. It makes you want to drink but I will be able to make a still image of Kendrick Warren move with puppet and camera tools.
Puppet? What? Like a special K marrienet? Can you make a will wade one? His movements and gestures would be like the real one. :DJK.

Mar 1, 2015
No
Not a big sample size and still getting adjusted, but he just had a smoothness offensively nobody else on the roster has. He will be loads of fun to watch if he gets his chance.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I was watching Treveon Graham the other night when he scored around 10 points. Tre hit a couple of three pointers while playing the 4. On D he was covering much bigger players but was able to hold his own and spread the floor. Last night I finally got around to listening to the Mike Rhoades radio show. One thing I found interesting is that he plans to play Kel Simms at the 4. This should give us a window into his outlook for this season. This team is going to be Havocy.

Last edited:

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I was watching Treveon Graham the other night when he scored around 10 points and hitting a couple of three pointers while playing the 4. On D he was covering much bigger players but was able to hold his own and spread the floor. Last night I finally got around to listening to the Mike Rhoades radio show. One thing I found interesting is that he plans to play Key Simms at the 4. This should give us a window into his outlook for this season. This team is going to be Havocy.
I continue to think that the fans are far more concerned about "who is a 4 or a 3" than coach is. I think MR wants to run, to press, to defend and to score and to match up with the opponent, and I really think you will see a LOT of combinations that are hard to fit into a regimented 1-5 classification. We'll have a PG and 4 guys who can defend and run on the floor. Sometimes that will me lots of tall people, sometimes not.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
I continue to think that the fans are far more concerned about "who is a 4 or a 3" than coach is. I think MR wants to run, to press, to defend and to score and to match up with the opponent, and I really think you will see a LOT of combinations that are hard to fit into a regimented 1-5 classification. We'll have a PG and 4 guys who can defend and run on the floor. Sometimes that will me lots of tall people, sometimes not.
Coaches these days ask "Can he play?" and "Who can he play with?" rather than "What position does he play?"

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I agree. Coach Rhoades is the only that mentioned he will play some at the 4 position. He talked about each player and you can tell he is planning various combos. Hason Ward with Douglas and Silva or small or mix it up. By all indications Ward is an athlete that likes to run so no matter the case pretty much every player will be sprinting on the court. VCU does not have any lumbering traditional back to the basket bigs.