Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

Jan 17, 2010
I think one of the reasons we have struggled against URI the past two seasons is due to the length and athleticism they bring (combined with our staff turnover) so I welcome all new line ups so we can matchup across the board. I also don’t have any concern about them being able to gel because that’s the benefit of having 5 seniors .

Reactions: SpiderRAM

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks to everyone supporting the site here we're not financially capable of doing it now while taking close care of 19 or so cats every night.

Jan 18, 2014
At least we got ad-free scrolling ?
Ehhh.....I already have an ad blocker on my browser. Listen, I don’t mind supporting the guys who run this site but, when I was subscribed for quite some time, we barely got content, which is not fair. Five dollars a month is not much, but if we are being told we would get something in return, and didn’t....that’s what’s bothersome.

Reactions: vcu70 and connell

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
while It is different being on the top side instead of the bottom, this tourney has several well ranked teams.
I agree with you 100%, we have to perform.
I might be having an extra sip of the koolade but it sure is tasty when we are this loaded:)

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
How awesome is it that (going in by the ranking) we are the top rated team!
Movin’ on up:)
My focus right now is on LSU. Got to win that game before thinking anything about the tournament in Florida. Also, those three other teams have key games to be played prior to the tournament in Florida. Florida State plays Pitt and Florida before the tournament. Tennessee plays Washington. And Purdue plays Texas and Marquette prior to the tournament. VCU needs to run the table before they meet Purdue if they want to be ranked going into the Florida tournament. Especially since all of VCU's games prior to the tournament are at the Stu.

Mar 1, 2015
You think so? I don't see that.
Sure. He’s not an unathletic goon or anything. But he plays like a traditional center. His entire offensive approach is to establish position, score off his left hand hook, or pump fake and pivot until he creates an opening. Roles of a screen for a dunk sometimes and gets stick backs. That’s about as traditional a center as it gets. Doesn’t drive or shoot jumpers at all. That’s not a criticism. He’s a dominating rebounder and effective post scorer, the only guy on the team who can do that. Tough, likes to bang, high energy, even keeled leader. I think he is the most indispensable player on the team.

Let him eat.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Sure. He’s not an unathletic goon or anything. But he plays like a traditional center. His entire offensive approach is to establish position, score off his left hand hook, or pump fake and pivot until he creates an opening. Roles of a screen for a dunk sometimes and gets stick backs. That’s about as traditional a center as it gets. Doesn’t drive or shoot jumpers at all. That’s not a criticism. He’s a dominating rebounder and effective post scorer, the only guy on the team who can do that. Tough, likes to bang, high energy, even keeled leader. I think he is the most indispensable player on the team.

Let him eat.
That’s very well put! A lot of that shows up last year and improved all season. Be neat to see if anything new shows up this year:)

Reactions: mrgeode