Mike Rhoades Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
Ehhh.....I already have an ad blocker on my browser. Listen, I don’t mind supporting the guys who run this site but, when I was subscribed for quite some time, we barely got content, which is not fair. Five dollars a month is not much, but if we are being told we would get something in return, and didn’t....that’s what’s bothersome.
Speaking of investment, word to the wise. Stay away from the weed stock. Very high up insider info.

Reactions: duncanlamb

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
Silva plays almost exclusively with his back to the basket. And I say let him!
Actually one of his best moves and go to’s is starting on the right side short corner / wing facing the basket and then taking his man into the middle of the paint for a baby left- handed hook shot. He also late inthe year last year began driving from the elbow after an up fake, this year I see that being even more effective as I hear he will take and make more of those 15 footers. Still, I agree he is a low post MAN and we want him near the basket more than not for rebounds.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Brad - did you hang out on the hill during your Langley years?:D
No...I was a very good nerdy boy in HS. Never ventured onto the hill. I was pretty much the same in college although I did have a bit more fun. As far as weed, I did smoke some in college but it was on and off perhaps a couple of times a year. Never tried it in HS. Stopped altogether in grad school and then only a few times in the latter part of my postdoc. Then nothing for another 20 years until a trip to CO in 2015 for two summers and brought back an ounce or so each time. Other than that nothing....and nothing for the last couple of years.
That's been my pot life :) Pretty weak if I do say so myself.

Reactions: duncanlamb

MattRock

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
Ehhh.....I already have an ad blocker on my browser. Listen, I don’t mind supporting the guys who run this site but, when I was subscribed for quite some time, we barely got content, which is not fair. Five dollars a month is not much, but if we are being told we would get something in return, and didn’t....that’s what’s bothersome.
We realized we were lacking in the content, that has changed. I think Insider offers a lot more today. Now you also get ad removal. If you spend a lot of time on here, I think it's worth it for some, not for all. I think some people see it as an offering, for which we are grateful.

It's certainly your right to use an ad blocker on our site, but you don't have to...

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
It might only be St. Francis but students ought to show up for this game. We are ranked #25 in the nation. Students who live on campus need to support their team. If they don't show up they shouldn't be able to attend the LSU game IMO. Heck, it's not like they have to walk all the way down to the coliseum like we did in the old days when there was a foot of snow, it was 102 in the shade, and we had to walk backwards each way. Get up off your behind and attend the game!

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
It might only be St. Francis but students ought to show up for this game. We are ranked #25 in the nation. Students who live on campus need to support their team. If they don't show up they shouldn't be able to attend the LSU game IMO. Heck, it's not like they have to walk all the way down to the coliseum like we did in the old days when there was a foot of snow, it was 102 in the shade, and we had to walk backwards each way. Get up off your behind and attend the game!
It kinda revealed to me there needs to be much more outreach by VCU, not sure why the school does so little of it. They don't come here excited about basketball. I know this as fact from where we stand every day.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
We realized we were lacking in the content, that has changed. I think Insider offers a lot more today. Now you also get ad removal. If you spend a lot of time on here, I think it's worth it for some, not for all. I think some people see it as an offering, for which we are grateful.

It's certainly your right to use an ad blocker on our site, but you don't have to...
I would if i could but these days we're spending anything extra we can muster to take are of 19 feral cats no one else in our neighborhood gives a crap about, in an efort to see them live out the rest of their days in comfort and safety. I appreciate the site here and all yall do to keep it here for us to use, just spent out here, my friend.

• Wow
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM
May 3, 2012
It kinda revealed to me there needs to be much more outreach by VCU, not sure why the school does so little of it. They don't come here excited about basketball. I know this as fact from where we stand every day.
I can agree. I'm on campus a fair amount and I have had many conversations with students just before and during the season. They don't have a connection to the basketball team. One students response was "yeah, no one goes to the games." I said, "hmm, I wonder why they have a 140 plus game sellout streak, then." Still, no traction. More like, meh. Shaka used to email the students, give updates and highlight big games. I don't know if they can't do that now.
But it seems that there isn't much outreach/advertising to the closest crowd of people you could attract...or maybe it's the money grab again. Let student attendance drop and we can sell more GA seats. Since they are emailing constantly now about the St. Francis game tickets, I think they may have overreached to the point of losing the sellout streak.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I can agree. I'm on campus a fair amount and I have had many conversations with students just before and during the season. They don't have a connection to the basketball team. One students response was "yeah, no one goes to the games." I said, "hmm, I wonder why they have a 140 plus game sellout streak, then." Still, no traction. More like, meh. Shaka used to email the students, give updates and highlight big games. I don't know if they can't do that now.
But it seems that there isn't much outreach/advertising to the closest crowd of people you could attract...or maybe it's the money grab again. Let student attendance drop and we can sell more GA seats. Since they are emailing constantly now about the St. Francis game tickets, I think they may have overreached to the point of losing the sellout streak.
The fanbase is aging. Keeping it fresh with new faces and renewed interest is vital. We just cannot rely on selling GA tickets to the public. I need to be out there telling people about our food. But ima keep getting yelled at by kat ovveriding the essential with trying to get these students interested in my safe place from stress: I know the good it plays in my life. Young people just don't understand how disconnecting and releasing relieves the stress that plagues them day in and day out. The only good way to get away from it so you can handle it with strength at the right time, is by forcing yourself away from it on the regular. Games do that for me. Most young people just stay connected and don't force themselves to disconnect.