MLB HOT STOVE

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Boy o boy, did the Nationals punk St. Louis or what?

As many of us previously stated, losing Harper was the absolute best thing that could have happened to them. They have a 20 year old kid who is already as good or better than Harper right now. I’m guessing if and when they re-sign him, it will be for
much less than $330m. Funny how things work out.

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013

@RonnieDobbs , and any other Nationals fans out there, I will tip my cap to you. Your pitching was unbelievable in this NLCS, and I think we left our bats behind in Atlanta!

Good luck in the World Series! I will be standing with my NL brethren and rooting for you guys. Go Nats!

Reactions: RonnieDobbs

RonnieDobbs

Top Member
May 20, 2009
Thanks guys. Whatever happens, this is a highlight of my sports watching life. Hard to top VCU in the final four. I was a big Skins fan in the early 90s, but I've lost so much interest in football, its hard for me to rank their Super Bowls higher. The Bullets in '78 though. That was big (I was 12).

But it has been so much fun these last 5 months, after their bad start. The bullpen issues, the baby shark thing, Rendon and Soto's season, the starters, etc.

Reactions: Beirne

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
@Beirne @Half-baked Mcbride @Mike T @buckwheat @RonnieDobbs

Well guys.... tonight is the final night of the season. Then it's a break til the Winter Meetings & such.

Nats going for their first World Series.... and something that's never happened before in World Series History (the road team winning every single game). Meanwhile, the Astros are going for their 2nd in 3 years (and 2nd ever).

Whatever happens.... good luck tonight @RonnieDobbs.

RonnieDobbs

Top Member
May 20, 2009
@Beirne @Half-baked Mcbride @Mike T @buckwheat @RonnieDobbs

Well guys.... tonight is the final night of the season. Then it's a break til the Winter Meetings & such.

Nats going for their first World Series.... and something that's never happened before in World Series History (the road team winning every single game). Meanwhile, the Astros are going for their 2nd in 3 years (and 2nd ever).

Whatever happens.... good luck tonight @RonnieDobbs.
Thanks man. I have had a lot of trouble getting work done today.

I don't think I have to tell you what I think of your Braves. Mad respect.

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Thanks man. I have had a lot of trouble getting work done today.

I don't think I have to tell you what I think of your Braves. Mad respect.
Yup, and while I may not necessarily be rooting for the Nats.... y’all have played your hearts and minds out. From 19-31 on the verge of firing and trading people.... to now playing in a Game 7 of a WS.... pretty remarkable

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
Baseball’s offseason calendar largely flows from the end of the World Series. Last night’s thrilling game seven, in which the Nationals prevailed over the Astros, also served as a starting point for several key dates.

Today

• Eligible players officially file for major or minor-league free agency
November 4

• End of “quiet period” during which teams have exclusive negotiating rights with their free agents
  • Deadline to issue qualifying offers ($17.8MM) to eligible free agents
  • Deadline to exercise or decline options and opt-outs (unless sooner by operation of contract; Stephen Strasburg & Aroldis Chapman reportedly must decide by November 2)
November 11-14

• General Manager Meetings (Scottsdale, AZ)
November 14

• Deadline for qualifying offer recipients to accept or reject
November 20

• Deadline for adding Rule 5-draft eligible players to 40-man roster
December 2

• Non-tender deadline

December 9-12

• Winter Meetings (San Diego, CA)
December 12

• Rule 5 Draft
January 10

• Deadline to exchange arbitration filing figures if agreement has yet to be reached
February 3-21

• Arbitration hearing period
Mid-February

• Spring Training commences
March 26

• Opening Day

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
All the Phils need is pitching, pitching, pitching, some more pitching :)

I LOVE hot stove season....options abound. Curious to see where Rondon/Cole/Stras(?)/Chappy(?) et al end up...