MLB HOT STOVE

RonnieDobbs

Top Member
May 20, 2009
And to get rid of Bryce Harper..... just ask @RonnieDobbs :lol:
I still root for Harper, I still like him, although I don't have a problem with my fellow Nats fans booing him. To each his own I guess. I wanted him back but understood.

If I were a betting man (I am not), I would bet on Strasburg staying and Rendon leaving. If Rendon does go somewhere else I hope it is out west or in the AL. Seeing him in @Half-baked Mcbride 's Phillies jersey would be difficult. But, of course, the sting would be worse had they not just won the world series.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I still root for Harper, I still like him, although I don't have a problem with my fellow Nats fans booing him. To each his own I guess. I wanted him back but understood.

If I were a betting man (I am not), I would bet on Strasburg staying and Rendon leaving. If Rendon does go somewhere else I hope it is out west or in the AL. Seeing him in @Half-baked Mcbride 's Phillies jersey would be difficult. But, of course, the sting would be worse had they not just won the world series.
I'd have to agree on the Strasburg-Rendon guesses. I don't see how the Nats can let go of the World Series MVP after the year he's had. Plus you got some other solid pieces in that lineup. Soto would obviously be front & center if Rendon leaves... and based on what I saw last year & this year from Soto... I think he could be ready. Biggest thing would be surrounding him with another bat or two. Trea Turner had a good year this year I believe, Robles was pretty solid too. Zimmerman is getting up there in age, not really an every day player anymore, honestly might be better suited for a DH role. Matt Adams is a FA I believe. I don't know Suzuki's contract status but Id def make sure to bring him back if I were yall.

The other big thing for the Nats will be fixing that bullpen.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009

Yea...Phils have a 3B stud (hopefully) in Alec Bohm who is really close to the manning the hot corner in Philly. Pitching/Pitching/Pitching for us. I wouldn't mind Moustakas on a short deal for 3B. Chuck in a Starlin Castro as well as a super utility guy and/or Billy Hamilton...(Nick WIlliams and Odubel Hererra gots to go....not to mention Roman Quinn (whom I love and is made of glass)

Injuries murdered us in the bullpen and the "wishing" on Pivetta/Velasquez/Eflin has proven to be just that...a wish, and a poor one. I also hope Arrieta digs deep into his pride as a player to really bounce back and be what he was signed to be....
Gimme any of Cole/Stras/Odorizzi/Hamels/Hill....maybe a Matt Moore/Porcello/Gio flyer as well
Gimme any RP named Will, a Diekman return, Chris Martin and his cool story...and a healthy Seranthony/Morgan/Rios.

Prepare for a long and drawn out hot stove!!!!